Following a day of briefings, lunches and welcome drinks, three days of racing in the prime sailing conditions of the British Virgin Islands will start on Saturday 11th March and conclude on Monday 13th March with a prize-giving and farewell drinks.
Of the 18 sailing yachts currently signed up for the Caribbean regatta, eight are on the charter market, and motor yachts have also been invited along to follow the racing and enjoy the spectacle. Plus, there is a lively program of on-shore social events to run alongside the racing.
The largest charter yacht in attendance will be the 60m/197ft sailing yacht PERSEUS^3. Built in 2014 by Perini Navi, she was designed by the acclaimed Ron Holland to be the largest sailing yacht under 500 gross tonnes and to ensure an incredible sailing performance.
Joining her will be a fellow Perini Navi build, the 38m/125ft sailing yacht P2. Behind this 2008 build is naval architect Philippe Briand, who focused on creating a really well performing gentlemen’s yacht. What’s more, she won Class B of last year’s regatta and will be hoping to replicate her success.
Another competitor is the award-winning 52m/170ft charter yacht Q, delivered by New Zealand-based shipyard Alloy Yachts in 2008. Combining the talented input of Dubois Naval Architects and Reymond Langton Design, she is a popular charter choice as well as a regular on the regatta circuit.
A fierce competitor with a proven regatta record, however, is the award-winning 46m/151ft sailing yacht GANESHA. Winner of the Dubois Cup 2015, the 2013-launch from Vitters is built for speed and resilience alongside luxury and comfort for ocean voyages.
Three days of racing in the prime sailing conditions of the British Virgin Islands will start on Saturday 11th March
Also built by the Dutch shipyard is the 45m/147ft sailing yacht NINGALOO. With an emphasis on performance, she features a lifting keel, a high-aspect Southern Spars carbon mast and an especially sleek design. She will be one to watch out for when the regatta kicks off on Saturday.
Delivered just last year, the 35m/115ft sailing yacht SHAMANNA from Nautor’s Swan is the newest charter yacht set to compete yet, with a new hull shape, plumb bow and twin rudders for increased responsiveness, all eyes will be on how she performs over the three days of racing.
Southern Ocean Marine’s 32m/105ft charter yacht DANNESKJOLD is also on the line-up after coming third in the Corsairs Class at the Superyacht Challenge Antigua and competing in the RORC Caribbean 600 last month.
The 30m/98mft charter yacht ‘Leopard 3’ from another New Zealand shipyard, McConaghy Boats, will likewise be showing off her prowess on the water in a few days’ time. Capable of top speeds of 35 knots under sail, she is an extremely fast contender and recognised by her sparkling turquoise hull.
For more information on any of the charter yachts competing in the Loro Piana Caribbean Regatta, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, browse all luxury yachts available for charter in the British Virgin Islands.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...