Christopher Nolan's 2020 action/thriller TENET has finally hit the big screens and is reeling in rave reviews, critical acclaim, and one pressing question; What's the name of yacht from the film?
The luxury yacht in question stars in a number of major scenes, including (spoilers ahead) the moment where Sator (Kenneth Branagh) travels back in time to a vacation with his wife Kat (Elizabeth Debicki), and the elusive ending where Kat realizes the woman jumping off the yacht is in fact, herself.
YachtCharterFleet is happy to reveal that the name of the yacht is 'Planet Nine'.
The yacht's name is actually quite fitting, given that the plot of Tenet revolves around finding nine objects that, when combined, will create an “Algorithm” that will reverse entropy for the entire planet and essentially kill all life on earth. Pretty bleak stuff; luckily the yacht itself is far from bleak.
Built in 2018, Planet Nine is a popular expedition vessel with a number of incredible features, including a full helideck and an incredible locker of water toys which includes scuba gear, inflatable trampolines, surf boards, inflatable canoes, Jet-Skis, and kite surfers.
She features exterior design from the renowned Tim Heywood, and interiors are by Mlinaric and Henry & Zervudachi. Her design teams have opted for a pared-back, minimal interior with a warm and inviting ambience that is achieved through Scandinavian style blonde woods, a neutral color palette and geometric accents.
The yacht boasts an exceptionally large 300 square foot Owner's deck complete with a private lounging area, generous en suite and office space for taking care of any business while at sea.
There is accommodation for 11 further guests in eight other cabins.
Planet Nine is a true 'go-anywhere' yacht, meaning she is perfectly well-equipped for cruising around some of the world's most remote destinations. An impressive home cinema and a library/conference suite are the icing on the cake, so she is ideal for anyone looking to charter a seafaring exploring yacht that offers high-calibre luxury living.
All of the yacht scenes in Tenet were filmed on location on Italy's Amalfi Coast, specifically off the coast of the popular medieval village of Ravello. Famed for its dizzying mountaintop situation and immaculate gardens that offer sweeping vistas over the water, Ravello is one of the beloved destinations for a superyacht charter on the Amalfi Coast.
If you're dreaming of a Tenet-style yacht getaway, you can check out our guide to yacht charter in Ravello. It's packed with itineraries, inspiration and our hand-picked YachtCharterFleet recommendations for things to see and do.
If you are interested in chartering this stunning yacht please contact your preferred yacht charter broker.
To take a look at some other superyachts that have been featured on the big screen, see our related stories below.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed