Every year, St Barts pulls out all the stops for its annual New Year's Eve festivities. Fireworks light up the sky, yacht parties set the waters aglow and the sound of music and bottles of Dom Perignon being popped can be heard across the island.
This year promises an equally buoyant atmosphere, with a fleet of luxury charter yachts and a convoy of privately-owned vessels setting course for St Barts. While several have bagged coveted berths in Gustavia marina, there are also plenty of yachts out at anchor which will still be right in the heart of the action.
With the celebration now only a few days away, YachtCharterFleet takes a look at some of the impressive superyachts preparing to bring in 2020 with a bang.
Many of the yachts owned by the world's billionaires are in St. Barts to welcome in the new decade. The 163m/ 533ft megayacht ECLIPSE is preparing to host her legendary New Year's Eve party, a yearly tradition which invariably enjoys an A-list guest list.
Off the coast, there are plenty of other superyachts which regularly attend the St Barts New Year's Eve celebrations, including Lurssen’s 138m/ 452ft private yacht ‘Rising Sun' and the 113m/370ft expedition yacht 'Le Grand Bleu'.
Alongside them, 110m/360ft motor yacht ANNA can also be spotted showing off her Feadship pedigree and iconic exteriors from the drawing boards of Michael Leach.
Almost 150 superyachts, yachts over 78ft, have arrived in St Barts to celebrate New Year's Eve so far, the lucky few are berthed in Gustavia harbour whilst the majority are anchored offshore. The total length of the fleet which has amassed off this tiny Caribbean island is currently over 8.4km/ 5.2 miles.
The size of yachts present is also very impressive as 15 of the TOP 100 Superyachts in the World are currently in St Barts, this includes 6 yachts which are over 100m/ 330ft in length.
Surprisingly the fleet of yachts is also relatively young, with an average age of under 10 years. The majority are motor yachts and only 10% are sailing yachts.
St Barts' New Year's Eve boasts the largest non-boat-show gathering of superyachts this year, coming second only to the Monaco Yacht Show in terms of sheer numbers.
Over 60% of all yachts in St Barts are part of the Charter Fleet, so if you would like to join the SuperyachtSet next year to celebrate NYE in style contact your charter broker to book now.
Boasting as the largest platform on the scene is the 102m/ 333ft superyacht SYMPHONY, which features a sumptuous beach club and wellness centre that is certain to keep her guests relaxed and pampered after the extravagant celebration. She is currently available for select charters.
Closing in on second place for the largest platform on show is the 95m/312ft megayacht MADSUMMER who’s guests can expect a spectacular party to be hosted on her many spacious decks.
Fireworks light up the sky, yacht parties set the waters aglow and the sound of music can be heard across the island
Currently turning plenty of heads as she cruises the waters of Gustavia is Abeking & Rasmussen's 80m/263ft charter yacht EXCELLENCE. She burst onto the charter scene earlier this year to much acclaim, with plenty of cutting-edge amenities to relax and entertain her guests.
Trinity Yachts’ 58m/ 190ft superyacht SKYFALL will be making a grand appearance at Gustavia Harbour, showcasing her capacious sky lounge which is ideal for hosting larger parties under the fireworks. Right beside her, the 60m/ 198ft charter yacht ROCK.IT has also bagged a prime berth.
The 46m/ 150ft motor yacht ATTITUDE and the 45m/ 147ft crewed yacht HARLE are other charter yachts berthed at the Harbour, soaking up the festive atmosphere in preparation for the colossal party that awaits.
With a unique duplex sundeck that can be converted into a night club and abundant exterior space, guests onboard the 72m/ 234ft superyacht UTOPIA are guaranteed all the necessary facilities to party until the early hours in the morning.
Other charter yachts in the vicinity include the 56m/ 184ft motor yacht GALAXY, the 63m/ 207ft superyacht ‘Lady Britt’, and the 93m/ 305ft charter yacht ‘Lady S’ who are all currently cruising the Caribbean.
Many of the yachts owned by the world's billionaires are in St. Barts to welcome in the new decade
With the anticipation of such a dazzling party to welcome the beginning of 2020, celebrities and high rollers are flocking to St Barts pining to be a part of the exciting energy.
Recently Kris Jenner has posted on her Instagram and Twitter that she has been celebrating the festive season onboard her private superyacht with the rest of the Kardashian family.
Dutch actress and TV personality Sylvie Meis is also at the scene admiring the spectacular fleet of superyachts cruising the Caribbean waters.
To find out about any of the charter yachts that are flocking to St. Barts for New Year’s Eve, or if you are considering being a part of the festivities next year, please speak with your prefered yacht charter broker.
Alternatively, view all the superyachts currently available for St. Barts yacht charters.
- 80m COSMOS will be ‘world’s largest and fastest aluminium yacht’ With the capacity to reach speeds nearing 30 knots, Heesen’s 80.7m/ 265ft motor yacht COSMOS combines high performance ...
- 2019 Review: An exceptional year for the luxury yacht charter marketAnother year is drawing to a close, and as we prepare to welcome in 2020, YachtCharterFleet reflects on how the charte...
- S/Y 'Maltese Falcon’ steps in to provide humanitarian aid in the MediterraneanThe 88m/ 289ft sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’ reports being involved in a mission to aid the passengers of a small boat...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Brand new 95m charter yacht O’PARI on track for 2020 delivery Golden Yachts is set to launch the 95m/310ft motor yacht O’PARI next spring, following which she will be available for ...
- Foreign-flagged yachts can now charter in AustraliaThe Special Recreational Vessels Bill 2019 has been passed by the Australian parliament, meaning that foreign-flagged y...
- Explorer yacht LEGEND offers incredible Arctic skiing experience with Olympic gold medallistThe 77m/254ft superyacht LEGEND is heading to Greenland and Antarctica to offer unforgettable skiing adventures with Ol...