More eco-friendly yachts are expected to be displayed at the 2013 Singapore Yacht Show.
Exhibitors at the annual Singapore Yacht Show have identified an emerging trend with yacht owners trying more and more to be environmentally friendly. As a direct result of this, the exhibitors at the 2013 Singapore Yacht Show will display a wider range of eco-friendly options to choose from.
Royal Huisman's 57.5m sailing yacht Twizzle is a perfect example of this, and will be making her debut at the show. Built to be environmentally friendly, Twizzle is completely carbon neutral and is able to offset all of her carbon output. She was one of the very first yachts to agree to offset the emissions associated with her construction.
If a sailing yacht is not for you and a 'green' motor yacht is more up your street, Kingship Marine has nearly completed it's 44 metre Green Voyager project at it's yard in China, which is stated to be high in efficiency yet low in emissions. The shipyard will also exhibit its latest launch - the 42 metre superyacht Star - which was designed by Vripack and launched in 2012.
If you're looking for a compromise between both a motor and a sailing yacht, Ocean Quality Systems will be displaying their 60 foot Explorer C-60 catamaran model, designed by Frers. Combining the range and economic running of a sailing yacht with the stability and volume of a motor yacht, it is the perfect middle-ground. Ocean Quality Systems's real goal is for low environmental impact, and with this in mind, the model offers a 'green' option that incorporates lower emissions and fuel, as well as solar energy options to make sure there is enough power for critical systems at all times.
the exhibitors at the 2013 Singapore Yacht Show will display a wider range of eco-friendly options to choose from.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.