Following a year-long refit at the Pendennis shipyard, the 86m/281ft motor yacht AQUILA has been shortlisted in the category for ‘Best Refit’ at the International Superyacht Society.
Having already won the award for ‘Best Refit’ at the World Superyacht Awards earlier this year, AQUILA will be hoping to add a further trophy to her cabinet at the upcoming ISS awards.
The largest motor yacht in the category, she is one of three entrants which are available for charter. Indeed, both the 90m/296ft motor yacht NERO and the 64m/210ft sailing yacht ‘Spirit of the C’s’ are also in the running for the refit award.
Taking place in Florida next month, the ceremony aims to celebrate the very best superyachts which have been delivered since 2016.
The largest superyacht to undergo a refit in the United Kingdom, AQUILA is certainly worthy of the critical praise she has received since her return to the water.
More specifically, the addition of a brand new 60 meter private deck and complete overhaul of her interior make her nothing short of breathtaking.
Now comprised of pale leathers, dark woods and inviting furnishings, both the communal and guest spaces exude a contemporary charm sure to please those who enjoy her as part of a private yacht charter vacation.
Having undergone a complete transformation, it’s no surprise that superyacht AQUILA has been nominated for a prestigious refit award
An upgrade sure to please the principal charter guest is the exacting work carried out on the owner’s suite. Completely reconfigured, this space benefitted from a considerable enlarging and has the feel of a suite on board a brand new superyacht.
Altogether, AQUILA has all the standout accomplishments necessary to put her in good stead for winning the trophy which will be contested in just a few week’s time.
To learn even more about the refit of superyacht AQUILA, our sneak peak feature examined the complete work carried out.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.