Synonymous with clear blue seas and powder-sand beaches, both archipelagos offer a yacht charter experience completely unlike any other.
It seems only fitting that FLYING FOX, a yacht defined by her epic proportions and incredible selection of on-board facilities, will be chartering in the region this winter.
A refined resort
Delivered earlier this year by Lurssen, Flying Fox is a masterclass in engineering and design. She sports exterior styling from the esteemed Espen Oeino, paired with soothing, spa-style interiors courtesy of British studio Mark Berryman.
Her relaxing ambience is created through high ceilings, lush foliage and textures including blondewood, leather and Jerusalem stone. Her interior themes are particularly evident in the main salon, which stretches across two floors and benefits from a wood-burning fireplace and a formal dining arrangement for up to 22 guests.
The motor yacht is PYC-compliant, meaning she has the unique capacity to host up to 25 guests on a luxury yacht charter.
Accommodation is offered in 11 cabins, each of which has access to a private sea terrace for an uninterrupted connection to the ocean.
The principal charter guest can take full advantage of the expansive owner’s apartment, which enjoys an ensuite, private beauty room and second wood-burning fireplace that lends the space a cosy feeling.
Guests can take complete advantage of the tropical weather while chartering FLYING FOX in the Indian Ocean. On the main deck aft she boasts an enormous 12m swimming pool which, marking an impressive first for a yacht of her size, runs transversely.
The 12m swimming pool runs transversely, which marks an impressive first on a yacht of this size.
The yacht is also home to an innovative observation salon, which aims to provide guests with a delicate balance of indoor and outdoor living. The space offers panoramic views over the surroundings and is primed for both day and night thanks to circular glass panels carved into the ceiling.
Cruise in superior comfort, style and luxury on board FLYING FOX. The megayacht comes equipped with a two-deck spa that spans 400m2. The lower deck offers a Hamman, Sauna and Cryosauna, as well as a large jacuzzi and access to the sea via sea terraces.
The upper deck meanwhile houses a beauty centre with massage rooms and a well-equipped gym. Personal trainers, beauty therapists and masseurs are on hand to ensure guests can make the most out of the facilities.
Personal trainers, beauty therapists and masseurs are on hand to ensure guests can make the most out of the facilities.
After unwinding, guests can indulge in the sumptuous cinema room, with is D-box seats and surround sound system.
Those seeking more thrills can enjoy the expansive toy chest on board FLYING FOX, which has a huge array of the latest accessories and gadgets. These include jet-skis, Seabobs, a Flyboard and Hoverboard. There is also a dive room, which will allow guests to explore below the surface of the sea.
The Seychelles and the Maldives
The islands of the Indian Ocean are steeped in beauty and nature.
The Seychelles is famed for its Jurassic-like interiors, which are awash with wildlife and dense jungle. Be sure to disembark your yacht and explore the nature reserves and parrot forest at Vallee de Mai, and then be sure to head to the iconic, postcard-perfect beach of Source d’Argent, with its towering granite boulders and sugar sand beaches.
Be sure to disembark your yacht and explore the nature reserves and parrot forest at Vallee de Mai.
Having a yacht also makes it easy to access Curieuse Island, a destination well-known for its rust-red earth and huge population of Aldabra tortoises.
Those looking to cruise further afield to the Maldives will be welcomed to an oasis of blue. The necklace of islands is made up of 26 natural atolls and hundreds of small coral islands and reefs that are primed for discovery and adventure.
The islands are a surf-lovers’ paradise, and play host to countless restaurants, luxury spas and resorts.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.