For the third year in a row, Thanda Island has been named Africa's Leading Luxury Island.
In a star-studded gala ceremony in Mauritius on June 1, the winners of the World Travel Awards Africa & Indian Ocean were announced
Thanda Island, a private island and marine reserve off the coast of Tanzania, was crowned Africa’s Leading Luxury Island. The exclusive island scooped up the same award in the ‘Africa’ category in 2017 and 2018.
YachtCharterFleet had the privilege of being hosted on Thanda Island last year. Offering the finest in luxury living and a host of modern amenities, the idyllic island paradise has access to a crewed charter yacht for exploring the surrounding Indian Ocean.
The awards were collected at the event by Pierre Delvaux, CEO of Thanda Group and Nadine Delvaux, Head of Business Development of Thanda Group. Antigone Meda, the manager of Thanda Island was also present at the ceremony.
“We are so excited to have been honoured with this title again.” Meda said. “It is everything we could have wished for, and demonstrates not just the outstanding nature of our truly private island offering, but it is also testament to how far the team strive to ensure an experience that cannot be mirrored anywhere else on the continent.”
Thanda Group is also responsible for Thanda Safari’s Villa iZulu and Thanda Safari Lodge. The two ventures also won big at the World Travel Awards Africa & Indian Ocean, coming out on top in both the Africa and South Africa categories for Leading Luxury Private Villa 2019 and Leading Safari Lodge 2019 respectively.
Set adrift from East Africa, Thanda Island is a haven of peace and serenity in the midst of a protected marine reserve. It is rented out on a sole-use basis, and offers state-of-the-art waterfront accommodation, a glass-rimmed pool, a floodlit tennis court and a beach house filled with the latest water toys and accessories. A Helipad is situated on the premises for smooth departures and arrivals.
What's more, the 35m/115ft classic yacht ‘Over the Rainbow’ is available to charter from the island. She offers trips around the region, including as far afield as Zanzibar and the Spice islands, where guests have the opportunity to explore incredible coral reefs and deserted island outposts.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.