No stranger to hosting extraordinary yacht parties, Paul Allen has thrown many appropriately themed parties at the annual Cannes Film Festival, occasionally hosting them on board his other vessel, the 126m/414ft luxury yacht OCTOPUS.
Indeed, in the past Allen has hosted a Bollywood themed party as well as transforming the exterior of an earlier yacht to replicate an ‘Enchanted Garden’ scene from Shakespeare.
This year, the theme was ‘An Evening in Casablanca’, a theme which had the star-studded guests arriving in timeless tuxedos and glamorous gowns.
Transforming the upper deck salon into an impressive rock and roll venue, Allen and his band had guests throwing shapes on the dance floor well into the night.
Something of a celebration for the owner, Allen has enjoyed great successes in his ocean conservation and protection efforts this year, helping to locate sunken warships in the South Pacific. This follows on from the earlier success of Paul Allen unearthing WW2 Japanese Battleship Musashi on board motor yacht OCTOPUS.
Step inside the party for yourself with a selection of the best social media posts taken from the event below.
Kindly encouraged not to take photographs of the interior, guests were asked to maintain the privacy and secrecy of the superyacht whilst on board.
With tenders departing from Capitainerie Vieux-Port, those handed one of the prized invitations were welcome to bring a plus one and told to expect a night of live rock music and dancing.
Naturally, due to its proximity to the other hotspots, Cannes makes for the perfect start to a South of France yacht charter following on from the festival.
To find out how you can be a part of the iconic film festival, be sure to get in touch with your preferred charter broker to discuss all future options. Alternatively, take a look at all yachts for charter in Cannes.
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- BEST PHOTOS: Monaco Yacht Show 2018YachtCharterFleet has handpicked the best photos from more than 6,000 Instagram posts to help you get straight to the h...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...