Populated by exhibition stands and marine vendors, the docks along Lake Worth Lagoon were swept up in a truly festive atmosphere, with both enthusiasts and captains of industry exchanging the latest news.
Keen to get amongstthe action, the team at YCF quickly set about exploring the many sizeable berths, ultimately getting a closer look at the award-winning 66m/217ft motor yacht OKTO and the similarly celebrated 76m/248ft charter yacht ‘Northern Star’.
With the chance to look over the aft deck of Northern Star, it became apparent just how spacious her exterior social areas are- whether guests wish to entertain or relax, it’s easy to see how she could comfortably accommodate both demands with ease.
The winner of best yacht between 60m-84m at the World Superyacht Awards 2010, she made for a great ambassador for the Lurssen shipyard.
Similarly, the swim platform of OKTO caught the attention of more than a few passers-by, with the elevated swimming pool showcasing the kind of unique design which is ideal for any charter guest who prefers their yacht to be on the cutting edge.
Bringing out some of the best luxury yachts available for charter, Palm Beach Boat Show remains one of the most exciting events in the yachting calendar
Balancing yacht tours with high-end entertainment, Palm Beach Boat Show 2016 also hosted a variety of workshops and seminars.
With key speakers ranging from CEOs to some of the brightest minds in marine technology, visitors were ultimately treated to a weekend which was as exciting as it was informative.
One team representing themselves on the ramps this year was Heesen, with a nicely decorated marquee given over to detailing all of their most recent projects.
Catching sight of an impressively sized inflatable slide coming off the upper deck of the 47m/154ft motor yacht BG, visitors to the show were naturally eager to find out if they could have a go themselves.
Refit last year, the outstanding Feadship superyacht showed exactly why she makes for a more than ideal charter yacht ahead of her summer season in the Mediterranean.
With so much going on, it was with a heavy heart that the team had to turn in after such an eventful weekend.
There are fewer destinations than West Palm Beach which bring a glamour equal to that of luxury superyachts
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed