No stranger to hosting extraordinary yacht parties, Paul Allen has thrown many appropriately themed parties at the annual Cannes Film Festival, occasionally hosting them on board his other vessel, the 126m/414ft luxury yacht OCTOPUS.
Indeed, in the past Allen has hosted a Bollywood themed party as well as transforming the exterior of an earlier yacht to replicate an ‘Enchanted Garden’ scene from Shakespeare.
This year, the theme was ‘An Evening in Casablanca’, a theme which had the star-studded guests arriving in timeless tuxedos and glamorous gowns.
Transforming the upper deck salon into an impressive rock and roll venue, Allen and his band had guests throwing shapes on the dance floor well into the night.
Something of a celebration for the owner, Allen has enjoyed great successes in his ocean conservation and protection efforts this year, helping to locate sunken warships in the South Pacific. This follows on from the earlier success of Paul Allen unearthing WW2 Japanese Battleship Musashi on board motor yacht OCTOPUS.
Step inside the party for yourself with a selection of the best social media posts taken from the event below.
Kindly encouraged not to take photographs of the interior, guests were asked to maintain the privacy and secrecy of the superyacht whilst on board.
With tenders departing from Capitainerie Vieux-Port, those handed one of the prized invitations were welcome to bring a plus one and told to expect a night of live rock music and dancing.
Naturally, due to its proximity to the other hotspots, Cannes makes for the perfect start to a South of France yacht charter following on from the festival.
To find out how you can be a part of the iconic film festival, be sure to get in touch with your preferred charter broker to discuss all future options. Alternatively, take a look at all yachts for charter in Cannes.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed