Set to become one of the fastest Feadships ever built, the all-aluminum 50m (163') superyacht 'Totally Nuts' departed Aalsmeer late last week and is currently navigating the canals of the Netherlands ready to undergo sea trials.
The 499GT superyacht will be put through her paces on the North Sea, where her Wärtsilä triple water jet propulsion system and fast hull are expected to achieve jaw-dropping top speeds of almost 28 knots.
Images captured by Tom van Oossanen show Totally Nuts en route to her destination.
Totally Nuts was launched as Project 706 last month and features naval architecture and exterior design by De Voogt and interiors by Sinot Yacht Design. The two-deck motor yacht is built for speed and is powered by three 16V 2000 M96 MTU engines, delivering an impressive 7,302hp.
With much of the project still shrouded in secrecy it is known that the custom built superyacht has a five-cabin layout, to accommodate ten guests, that includes a full-beam master suite that makes the most of the 7.8m (25.7’) beam.
Pictures also suggest plenty of space for relaxation, with a large foredeck lounging area, perfect for sunbathing and entertaining, and an oversized aft deck dip pool. There are also al fresco dining opportunities on the aft main deck, adjacent to the swim platform.
The 499GT superyacht will be put through her paces on the North Sea, where she is expected to achieve jaw-dropping top speeds of around 28 knots.
'Totally Nuts' is set to be the Dutch builder’s fourth launch this year. The 100m (327') superyacht MOONRISE, whose exterior design also came from De Voogt, was delivered to her owners in July, the same month that saw 73m (239') motor yacht PODIUM delivered.
Prior to that the 75m (246') charter yacht ARROW was delivered in May, and is now turning heads in Greece. One further superyacht, expected to be named VIVA, is also scheduled to launch this year. To top it all off, Feadship also completed a 10-month refit of the 58m (189') motor yacht W in 2020.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed