At 10am local time, the sun was shining as 2017’s Mediterranean Yacht Show opened its doors, welcoming yacht brokers and other industry professionals, who have travelled to Greece from across the globe to see the event’s record-breaking number of charter yachts on display.
Just over 80 superyachts are lined up in Nafplion harbour, and crew and captains have been busy over the last 24 hours making the final preparations for the show. Now superyacht viewings are in full swing, with the boardwalks alive with attendees.
In addition to the showcase of charter yachts, there is an exhibition zone, where luxury lifestyle brands, marinas and harbours, marine accessories and water toy companies are displaying their services. Open all day, the section is a hive of activity too.
YachtCharterFleet has been walking the red carpet, which fringes the edge of the pretty port, taking in spectacular yachts, such as the 53m/173ft superyacht O’NEIRO from Greek shipyard Golden Yachts and Feadship’s classic 52m/171ft superyacht PEGASUS.
The opening day will conclude tonight at 7pm with an opening ceremony at the port of Nafplion and a welcome reception at the Palamidi Fortress – a spectacular citadel standing on a 216-metre-high outcrop of rock with brilliant views of Nafplio and the Argolic Gulf.
Running for four days in total, the event will draw to a close on Tuesday 2nd May with a farewell party. There will be further social events across the weekend, and YachtCharterFleet looks forward to experiencing more yacht tours, and exclusive on-board dining experiences and spa treatments.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.