Countdown Begins to the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta
Taking place from June 7 to 11, the event will see an 18-strong fleet of superyachts descend into Sardinia’s Porto Cervo to fight it out for the top spot in a series of four adrenaline-filled sailing courses.
Second in last year’s Class A category, the 46m/151ft sailing yacht GANESHA will make a much-anticipated return to the shores of Sardinia, with the hope of this year scooping the coveted Silver Jubilee Cup.
After winning in 2010 and 2012, GANESHA is a regular competitor at the race meet and will be going head-to-head with Fitzroy’s 50m/163ft sailing yacht OHANA.
Unmissable in the water thanks to her distinctive grey and yellow hull, she is a fellow charter yacht and came in third at the Caribbean’s sister event in March.
Meanwhile, charter yachts competing in Class B at the regatta include Holland Jachtbouw’s 35m/116ft sailing yacht WHISPER and the 38m/124ft sailing yacht P2, who has built up a fearsome reputation on the regatta circuit since her delivery in 2008 by Perini Navi.
The regatta will see an 18-strong fleet of superyachts descend into Sardinia’s Porto Cervo to fight it out for the top spot
A fleet of 12 yachts is also registered to compete in the Wally Class. Founded in 1999, the exclusive category comprises fast cruises branded by Wally and one of its defining features is that each yacht must be steered by her Owner.
A vibrant social programme will run alongside the racing, including a welcome cocktail party, after race drinks, a sunset party at Phi Beach and, on the final evening, a prize-giving ceremony at Piazza Azzurra.
For further information on any of the yachts competing at the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta, contact your preferred charter broker.
CHARTER YACHTS AT THE LORO PIANA SUPERYACHT REGATTA:
Ohana Yacht For Charter
50m Fitzroy, 2012
Ganesha Yacht For Charter
46m Vitters, 2013
Daima Yacht For Charter
43m Arkin Pruva Argos Yachts, 2009
P2 Yacht For Charter
38m Perini Navi, 2008
Whisper Yacht For Charter
35m Holland Jachtbouw, 2003 / 2014
Tempus Fugit Yacht For Charter
27m Arkin Pruva Argos Yachts, 2013
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...