Outside of Class A, fellow Vitters sailing yacht INOUI took first place in Class B, with Oyster yacht MAEGAN winning in Class C after corrections, following 2 days of tight competition amongst the 21-strong fleet.
Regatta regular MARIE adds this year's Superyacht Cup to her list of victories, after completing a tricky 27.5nm course on the final day or racing, which saw a strong SW breeze peak in the afternoon. She beat recent winner of the Dubois Cup, 46m/151ft Vitters superyacht GANESHA and recent delivery from Perini Navi in 2014, 60m/197ft sailing yacht Perseus^3.
Commenting on the final day of the regatta, Captain Wes Cooper commented, ""It was a huge day, we went into it knowing that we had to sail really well today. This has been by far the toughest competition that we've ever had in any regatta. You know, Saudade, Ganesha, P2, they're all very quick boats. And whilst we've had a couple of good days it was far from over. We nailed the start, we had a great downwind run and managed to get through the smaller boats in front on the beat really cleanly and I think that was the key to it, you know, we got clean air all day and we were able to fend everybody off. I know there was a lot of traffic behind for the faster boats which they had to get through, what slowed them down."
The 19th edition of the event closed with a lively prize-giving ceremony for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in the race village. To find out more about attending next year's Superyacht Cup Palma, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, browse all vessels available for a luxury yacht charter in the Balearics to make the ideal choice for your needs.
This has been by far the toughest competition that we've ever had in any regatta.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.