This week sees the 2014 edition of the Monaco Yacht Show open its doors for what is set to be its biggest show yet with more superyacht berths than ever before as well the brand new Yacht Club de Monaco.
YachtCharterFleet will be reporting live from the event which will open on Wednesday 24th September until Saturday 27th and will host some of the most impressive luxury yachts on the charter and sales markets today.
118 vessels are due to be exhibited this week, a significant increase on the 2013 Monaco Yacht Show which displayed 103 yachts along the docks of the world-renowned Port Hercules. Plans for these 15 additional berths were announced in 2013 following a partnership signed the three major players of Port Hercules: the Monaco Harbours Management Company (S.E.P.M.), the Monaco Yacht Club and the Monaco Yacht Show.
A number of exciting superyachts are to attend the prestigious French Riviera event this year to include some world debuts for the global charter fleet such as the 2014-launched 45m/148ft luxury motor yacht ‘Flying Dragon’. The magnificent 90m/295ft sailing yacht ‘Athena’ will be amongst the largest as will the legendary 85m/281ft ‘Cakewalk’ while superyacht ‘Icon’ by Icon Yachts will be unveiling her recently completed five-metre extension which has seen her grow from 63m to 68m.
The 2014 Monaco Yacht Show will also feature a record seven luxury yachts in the 70m and over range including the 85m/279ft Lürssen superyacht ‘Solandge’ and the Perini Navi explorer yacht ‘Grace E’. Around half of the yachts exhibited at this year’s show are available to charter and the YachtCharterFleet team will be on hand to bring you the latest from the yachting industry’s most eagerly awaited annual event – so watch this space!
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.