Build-up to the 2014 Monaco Yacht Show Begins
This week sees the 2014 edition of the Monaco Yacht Show open its doors for what is set to be its biggest show yet with more superyacht berths than ever before as well the brand new Yacht Club de Monaco.
YachtCharterFleet will be reporting live from the event which will open on Wednesday 24th September until Saturday 27th and will host some of the most impressive luxury yachts on the charter and sales markets today.
118 vessels are due to be exhibited this week, a significant increase on the 2013 Monaco Yacht Show which displayed 103 yachts along the docks of the world-renowned Port Hercules. Plans for these 15 additional berths were announced in 2013 following a partnership signed the three major players of Port Hercules: the Monaco Harbours Management Company (S.E.P.M.), the Monaco Yacht Club and the Monaco Yacht Show.
A number of exciting superyachts are to attend the prestigious French Riviera event this year to include some world debuts for the global charter fleet such as the 2014-launched 45m/148ft luxury motor yacht ‘Flying Dragon’. The magnificent 90m/295ft sailing yacht ‘Athena’ will be amongst the largest as will the legendary 85m/281ft ‘Cakewalk’ while superyacht ‘Icon’ by Icon Yachts will be unveiling her recently completed five-metre extension which has seen her grow from 63m to 68m.
The 2014 Monaco Yacht Show will also feature a record seven luxury yachts in the 70m and over range including the 85m/279ft Lürssen superyacht ‘Solandge’ and the Perini Navi explorer yacht ‘Grace E’. Around half of the yachts exhibited at this year’s show are available to charter and the YachtCharterFleet team will be on hand to bring you the latest from the yachting industry’s most eagerly awaited annual event – so watch this space!
Photos (17) See gallery
CHARTER YACHTS ON DISPLAY AT THE 2014 MONACO YACHT SHOW
Athena Yacht For Charter
90m Royal Huisman, 2004 / 2011
Aquila Yacht For Charter
86m Derecktor Shipyards, 2010 / 2016
Solandge Yacht For Charter
85m Lurssen, 2013
TV Yacht For Charter
78m Lurssen, 2008 / 2015
Grace E Yacht For Charter
73m Picchiotti, 2014
Odessa II Yacht For Charter
73m Nobiskrug, 2013
Sycara V Yacht For Charter
68m Nobiskrug, 2010
Invictus Yacht For Charter
66m Delta Marine, 2013
Flying Dragon Yacht For Charter
45m Admiral Yachts, 2014
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...