As the Caribbean returns to its historic glory following weather complications earlier this year, we provide a fresh update on all of the key cruising grounds in the region.
Thanks to the ongoing efforts of locals and the support of the wider yachting community, it seems that the Caribbean is very much open for business this winter.
Indeed, working with charities such as YachtAid, business owners and citizens living on the affected islands have strived to make things operational for tourism.
Superyacht owners have also been keen to help, with one charter yacht offering to make $20,000 donations to charity on select bookings.
In this article, we take a look at key Caribbean destinations to provide a full view of the current situation.
Antigua and St Kitts
With the Antigua Charter Yacht Show currently in full swing, the island certainly seems ready to party over the holiday season and beyond.
Thanks to functional airports and marinas, visitors are able to access the beautiful islands with considerable ease.
Of course, alongside Nelson’s Dockyard, there are an abundance of anchorages located around the islands which are ideal for superyachts.
St Kitts and Nevis are also in perfect condition, and are both ideal destinations to experience this winter. For a little inspiration on this front, be sure to check out our feature on the 5 Reasons To Visit St Kitts and Nevis On A Luxury Yacht Charter.
Avoiding the damage which other Caribbean destinations experienced, the Exumas remain an idyllic destination for yacht charter getaways.
Perfect for island-hopping and lapping up the sun, the assortment of pristine beaches and cobalt blue waters are utterly seductive.
The Nassau area is particularly attractive at this time of the year, with charter guests sure to remember their visit forever.
A classic destination for good reason, the Bahamas glitters throughout winter
Sure to please any and all kind of traveller, the Bahamas has an abundance of diving and snorkelling spots, as well as calm bays for trying out some watersports.
With a list of historic towns located on the mainland, visitors are also welcome to get a taste of history and culture whilst chartering in this destination.
Ultimately, the Bahamas is still very much a go-to spot in the Caribbean this winter.
British Virgin Islands
Local experts have suggested that they hope to see the characteristic beauty of the British Virgin Islands return this winter.
Tortola has thankfully stayed as beautiful as ever, not succumbing to the kinds of damage its neighbors did.
With the lush green landscape expected to spring up again shortly, some brokers are reporting that certain parts of the BVIs are still very much up and running this winter.
U.S. Virgin Islands
Travel and leisure confirmed that the U.S. Virgin Islands were reopening for business at the end of last month.
The Department of Tourism also revealed that daily flights to St Thomas will be increased from twice a week to four times a week.
Altogether, it would seem that the U.S. Virgin Islands are recovering comfortably from the adverse weather it recently experienced.
In order to find out more regarding itineraries which can be enjoyed in the Caribbean this winter, be sure to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, browse all of the superyachts available for charter in the Caribbean.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...