On the second day of the 2016 Cannes Yachting Festival, the superyacht event turned its attention from motor yachts to sailing yachts, as newly released footage reveals.
Showcasing a magnificent range of luxury yachts lined up on the beautiful, calm waters of Cannes, the footage from day two perfectly captures the splendour and glamour of the Cannes Yachting Festival.
Throughout the clip, industry professionals unveil why the superyacht event is such a great hub for sailing yachts, and what new editions and launches they are excited to show off at this year’s edition.
For example, CEO of Perini Navi, Burak Akgul, introduced one of his yard’s latest models, the 38m/125ft sailing yacht DAHLAK. Launched in March this year, the new build is the sister ship of charter yacht P2 and embodies the yard’s most recent technological innovations.
Other yachting professionals included Jukub Rosciszewski, talking about the world premiere of the catamaran Wave 58, and Alain Pichavant, Sea and Leisure Division Director at Reed Expositions.
Industry professionals unveil why the superyacht event is such a great hub for sailing yachts, and what new editions and launches they are excited to show off
The footage also shows the event’s opening ceremony, where the ribbon was cut by David Lisnard, the Mayor of Cannes, alongside sailor Franck Cammas, who is currently part of Groupama Team France participating in the America’s Cup.
Dean Barker, best known for his participation in the America’s Cup yacht races as part of Emirates Team New Zealand, was also at the glitzy ceremony, well suited to the glittering surrounds of the French Riviera.
Arriving on the ground today, YachtCharterFleet will be sure to keep you updated on all the action from the festival throughout the next four days.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.