Bravo have truly landed themselves a ratings success with the new reality TV series 'Below Deck', but how much does the real yacht cost to charter?
Following a group of crew members living and working aboard luxury charter yacht Honor, the series sees the upstairs and downstairs worlds collide as the young and single crew - “yachties” - live, love, and work together on board the charter yacht whilst tending to the needs of their wealthy charter guests. Each crew member brings a different level of experience to the yacht but they all share a love for the luxury lifestyle that allows them to visit some of the world's most beautiful and exotic yacht charter destinations.
We all know you can’t believe everything you see on reality TV, and this is no exception. Not an accurate representation of the luxury yachting industry in any way, here’s the real scoop on how 'Below Deck' came about.
The show is the creation of Rebecca Taylor who spent three summers working on charter yachts in New England while she went to college. After achieving a degree in film and TV, she thought up the concept of a reality TV show based on some of her real-life experiences doing that line of work. She pitched the idea to Bravo and the rest, as they say, is history.
After doing the legwork along with the other producers to find a charter yacht and charter guests who would agree to be filmed for the show, she booked charter yacht 'Cuor di Leone' for five weeks, renamed it Honor, gave most of the real crew a paid vacation (except for Captain Lee Rosbach, his mate and an engineer) and replaced them with the cast of the show.
The 50 metre Benetti Golden Bay Series charter yacht 'Cuor di Leone' is, in actuality, currently available on the charter market enabling you to experience the real luxury charter yacht lifestyle for yourself. She is available to charter from €161,000 per week.
She features a range of amenities on board including Sky TV, games consoles, Karaoke, Wifi and a gym. She also carries a plethora of water toys to ensure fun for all, including two tenders, Yamaha waverunners, scuba diving gear, water skis, wakeboards, a range of towable toys and fishing gear.
If you want to experience this lifestyle all for yourself with the real five star crew, contact your yacht charter broker for advice and information.
The 50 metre Benetti Golden Bay Series charter yacht 'Cuor di Leone' is, in actuality, currently available on the charter market enabling you to experience the real luxury charter yacht lifestyle for yourself.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...