The Real Luxury Charter Yacht Behind 'Below Deck'
Bravo have truly landed themselves a ratings success with the new reality TV series 'Below Deck', but how much does the real yacht cost to charter?
Following a group of crew members living and working aboard luxury charter yacht Honor, the series sees the upstairs and downstairs worlds collide as the young and single crew - “yachties” - live, love, and work together on board the charter yacht whilst tending to the needs of their wealthy charter guests. Each crew member brings a different level of experience to the yacht but they all share a love for the luxury lifestyle that allows them to visit some of the world's most beautiful and exotic yacht charter destinations.
We all know you can’t believe everything you see on reality TV, and this is no exception. Not an accurate representation of the luxury yachting industry in any way, here’s the real scoop on how 'Below Deck' came about.
The show is the creation of Rebecca Taylor who spent three summers working on charter yachts in New England while she went to college. After achieving a degree in film and TV, she thought up the concept of a reality TV show based on some of her real-life experiences doing that line of work. She pitched the idea to Bravo and the rest, as they say, is history.
After doing the legwork along with the other producers to find a charter yacht and charter guests who would agree to be filmed for the show, she booked charter yacht 'Cuor di Leone' for five weeks, renamed it Honor, gave most of the real crew a paid vacation (except for Captain Lee Rosbach, his mate and an engineer) and replaced them with the cast of the show.
The 50 metre Benetti Golden Bay Series charter yacht 'Cuor di Leone' is, in actuality, currently available on the charter market enabling you to experience the real luxury charter yacht lifestyle for yourself. She is available to charter from €161,000 per week.
She features a range of amenities on board including Sky TV, games consoles, Karaoke, Wifi and a gym. She also carries a plethora of water toys to ensure fun for all, including two tenders, Yamaha waverunners, scuba diving gear, water skis, wakeboards, a range of towable toys and fishing gear.
If you want to experience this lifestyle all for yourself with the real five star crew, contact your yacht charter broker for advice and information.
The 50 metre Benetti Golden Bay Series charter yacht 'Cuor di Leone' is, in actuality, currently available on the charter market enabling you to experience the real luxury charter yacht lifestyle for yourself.
More Yacht Information
Lumiere Yacht For Charter
50m Benetti, 1999 / 2014
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...