Bravo have truly landed themselves a ratings success with the new reality TV series 'Below Deck', but how much does the real yacht cost to charter?
Following a group of crew members living and working aboard luxury charter yacht Honor, the series sees the upstairs and downstairs worlds collide as the young and single crew - “yachties” - live, love, and work together on board the charter yacht whilst tending to the needs of their wealthy charter guests. Each crew member brings a different level of experience to the yacht but they all share a love for the luxury lifestyle that allows them to visit some of the world's most beautiful and exotic yacht charter destinations.
We all know you can’t believe everything you see on reality TV, and this is no exception. Not an accurate representation of the luxury yachting industry in any way, here’s the real scoop on how 'Below Deck' came about.
The show is the creation of Rebecca Taylor who spent three summers working on charter yachts in New England while she went to college. After achieving a degree in film and TV, she thought up the concept of a reality TV show based on some of her real-life experiences doing that line of work. She pitched the idea to Bravo and the rest, as they say, is history.
After doing the legwork along with the other producers to find a charter yacht and charter guests who would agree to be filmed for the show, she booked charter yacht 'Cuor di Leone' for five weeks, renamed it Honor, gave most of the real crew a paid vacation (except for Captain Lee Rosbach, his mate and an engineer) and replaced them with the cast of the show.
The 50 metre Benetti Golden Bay Series charter yacht 'Cuor di Leone' is, in actuality, currently available on the charter market enabling you to experience the real luxury charter yacht lifestyle for yourself. She is available to charter from €161,000 per week.
She features a range of amenities on board including Sky TV, games consoles, Karaoke, Wifi and a gym. She also carries a plethora of water toys to ensure fun for all, including two tenders, Yamaha waverunners, scuba diving gear, water skis, wakeboards, a range of towable toys and fishing gear.
If you want to experience this lifestyle all for yourself with the real five star crew, contact your yacht charter broker for advice and information.
The 50 metre Benetti Golden Bay Series charter yacht 'Cuor di Leone' is, in actuality, currently available on the charter market enabling you to experience the real luxury charter yacht lifestyle for yourself.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...