As we predicted in a recent article, the place to be this New Year's Eve was the island of St Barts. With some of the world's best yachts bringing 2016 in with style, we take a look at the standout vessels which impressed the elite partygoers.
Not allowing the scattered showers to dampen the party spirit, yacht owners and A-list guests assembled at St Barts to welcome in the new year in total luxury.
Along with other familiar faces, Paul Mccartney, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Marc Jacobs all arrived in good time to soak up the signature atmosphere.
As well as partying on board the yachts, guests headed to Nikki Beach for an exclusive party, grabbed a drink at the contemporary Papillon Ivre wine bar, and of course, ended their night by enjoying the traditional firework show which illuminates the sky above Gustavia Harbor.
True to tradition, Roman Abramovich brought motor yacht ECLIPSE to the island for another of his famous New Year’s Eve parties.
Outdoing his own impressive record for truly luxurious celebrations, Abramovich hosted the A List event along with art collector wife Dasha Zhukova.
The centre of attention, ECLIPSE was also reported to have had new exercise bikes flown in at the last minute.
Attracting considerable attention from partygoers was the 60m/200ft motor yacht EXCELLENCE V. With its 10 outdoor areas, the superyacht offered its guests plenty of space to bring in the new year.
Designed with an eye for elegance and contemporary styling, EXCELLENCE V was perfectly at home on the island. As well as enjoying the modern bar areas, guests onboard were also treated to the inspired interior work of Reymond Langton Design.
With no competition in sight, it’s safe to say that St Barts is set to remain the elite New Year’s Eve destination for some time
Capturing the eyes of the discerning VIP travellers was the 65m/213ft motor yacht SEANNA. One of the most ambitious superyachts from Benetti, SEANNA has all the features to be an exceptional party host.
With its elegant dining rooms and generously sized bar areas, guests no doubt celebrated in an intimate environment before hitting the outdoor deck areas to take in the vibes of the island.
With its contemporary guest suites complete with the latest amenities, there’s no doubt guests onboard enjoyed some of the best rest when recovering from the glamourous heights St Barts.
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2019Make it your New Year’s resolution to charter a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the latest yachts to have hit...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- New photos: take a fresh look at 73m M/Y NAUTILUS Brand new imagery of the iconic 73m/240ft motor yacht NAUTILUS from Picchiotti has been released, showing off some rece...
- S/Y AQUIJO to charter in Papua New GuineaThe award-winning 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO has announced she will be chartering around the captivating cruising g...
- Viking M/Y MARYBELLE joins Bahamas charter fleet The 25m/83ft luxury fishing yacht MARYBELLE is one of the latest additions to the global charter market and will be ava...
- M/Y HANAA opens for charter in the Mediterranean Part of Dominator’s popular Ilumen series, the 27m/90ft motor yacht HANAA has announced she will be available to charte...