Launched earlier this month, the 81m/266ft sailing yacht 'Sailing Eagle II' is set to become one of the world's largest sailing yachts.
Earlier this month, Sea Eagle II hit the waters for the first time at Royal Huisman's facilities in Vollenhove. Upon delivery, she will become the world's 7th largest sailing yacht.
Yesterday the schooner had her first carbon-composite mast stepped. The other two will follow in the coming months, following which she will head out on sea trials. An experienced owner will take delivery in spring.
The all-aluminium superyacht marks the largest hull ever constructed by Dutch sailing yacht specialists Royal Huisman. Her lightweight qualities means she will be fast, dynamic and perfect for an experienced sailor.
The yacht's exterior styling has been cleverly designed to ensure she maintains a graceful profile that matches her lightweight hull. Her elegant lines and plumb bow have been penned by Mark Whiteley.
Her interiors, meanwhile, have been helmed by Dykstra & Partners. She offers accommodation for up to 11 guests in six cabins, and has plenty of alfresco areas for relaxing and socializing.
The all-aluminium superyacht marks the largest yacht ever constructed by Dutch sailing yacht specialists Royal Huisman.
The initial brief for Sea Eagle II called for a “world cruising, fast, comfortable and iconic looking” yacht.
She was formerly known as RH400. It is not yet known whether she will become available for luxury yacht charters.
Picture credit: Royal Huisman
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed