Unfortunate weather conditions at this year's Dubois Cup meant only one day of racing was possible in Costa Smeralda, after the light and shifty breeze thwarting the Race Committee’s efforts to get the racing into swing.
A fleet of ten superyachts took part in racing for the event, which began on Friday 29 May, with yachts such as the 55m/182ft charter yacht TURQUOISE gathering at Porto Cervo purely to soak up the atmosphere of the prestigious event and enjoy the local scenery.
Friday saw blue skies and perfect breeze allow for an excellent course off Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda, with GANESHA completing the 17 nautical mile course and crossing the line first in under 1 hour and 30 minutes.
On behalf of this result sleek-lined performance sloop GANESHA was crowned overall winner of regatta, a 2013 Vitters delivery and recent addition to the global charter fleet.
A pedigree Dubois design, her narrow beam and impressive Panamax rig allow for race-winning acceleration. She was recognised as the 'Best Sailing Yacht in 40m+ size range' at the World Superyacht Awards 2014.
She was followed by award-winning 54m/176ft Vitters yacht NIRVANA - participating for the first time - in second place, with 29m/95ft Evolution sailing yacht ALCANANA taking third place. The latter of which reaped the benefits of the expertise of Italian America’s Cup sailor Mauro Pelaschier when planning tactics.
The prize giving ceremony took place at the YCCS Clubhouse on Saturday, followed by a closing party for owners and crews. The Yacht Club Costa Smeralda’s busy summer calendar continues with the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta from 2-6 June.
To find out more about attending next year's Dubois Cup, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Compare all vessels available for a Sardinia luxury yacht charter to plan a vacation here.
A pedigree Dubois design, her narrow beam and impressive Panamax rig allow for race-winning acceleration.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed