Unfortunate weather conditions at this year's Dubois Cup meant only one day of racing was possible in Costa Smeralda, after the light and shifty breeze thwarting the Race Committee’s efforts to get the racing into swing.
A fleet of ten superyachts took part in racing for the event, which began on Friday 29 May, with yachts such as the 55m/182ft charter yacht TURQUOISE gathering at Porto Cervo purely to soak up the atmosphere of the prestigious event and enjoy the local scenery.
Friday saw blue skies and perfect breeze allow for an excellent course off Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda, with GANESHA completing the 17 nautical mile course and crossing the line first in under 1 hour and 30 minutes.
On behalf of this result sleek-lined performance sloop GANESHA was crowned overall winner of regatta, a 2013 Vitters delivery and recent addition to the global charter fleet.
A pedigree Dubois design, her narrow beam and impressive Panamax rig allow for race-winning acceleration. She was recognised as the 'Best Sailing Yacht in 40m+ size range' at the World Superyacht Awards 2014.
She was followed by award-winning 54m/176ft Vitters yacht NIRVANA - participating for the first time - in second place, with 29m/95ft Evolution sailing yacht ALCANANA taking third place. The latter of which reaped the benefits of the expertise of Italian America’s Cup sailor Mauro Pelaschier when planning tactics.
The prize giving ceremony took place at the YCCS Clubhouse on Saturday, followed by a closing party for owners and crews. The Yacht Club Costa Smeralda’s busy summer calendar continues with the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta from 2-6 June.
To find out more about attending next year's Dubois Cup, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Compare all vessels available for a Sardinia luxury yacht charter to plan a vacation here.
A pedigree Dubois design, her narrow beam and impressive Panamax rig allow for race-winning acceleration.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.