Unfortunate weather conditions at this year's Dubois Cup meant only one day of racing was possible in Costa Smeralda, after the light and shifty breeze thwarting the Race Committee’s efforts to get the racing into swing.
A fleet of ten superyachts took part in racing for the event, which began on Friday 29 May, with yachts such as the 55m/182ft charter yacht TURQUOISE gathering at Porto Cervo purely to soak up the atmosphere of the prestigious event and enjoy the local scenery.
Friday saw blue skies and perfect breeze allow for an excellent course off Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda, with GANESHA completing the 17 nautical mile course and crossing the line first in under 1 hour and 30 minutes.
On behalf of this result sleek-lined performance sloop GANESHA was crowned overall winner of regatta, a 2013 Vitters delivery and recent addition to the global charter fleet.
A pedigree Dubois design, her narrow beam and impressive Panamax rig allow for race-winning acceleration. She was recognised as the 'Best Sailing Yacht in 40m+ size range' at the World Superyacht Awards 2014.
She was followed by award-winning 54m/176ft Vitters yacht NIRVANA - participating for the first time - in second place, with 29m/95ft Evolution sailing yacht ALCANANA taking third place. The latter of which reaped the benefits of the expertise of Italian America’s Cup sailor Mauro Pelaschier when planning tactics.
The prize giving ceremony took place at the YCCS Clubhouse on Saturday, followed by a closing party for owners and crews. The Yacht Club Costa Smeralda’s busy summer calendar continues with the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta from 2-6 June.
To find out more about attending next year's Dubois Cup, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Compare all vessels available for a Sardinia luxury yacht charter to plan a vacation here.
A pedigree Dubois design, her narrow beam and impressive Panamax rig allow for race-winning acceleration.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...