Unfortunate weather conditions at this year's Dubois Cup meant only one day of racing was possible in Costa Smeralda, after the light and shifty breeze thwarting the Race Committee’s efforts to get the racing into swing.
A fleet of ten superyachts took part in racing for the event, which began on Friday 29 May, with yachts such as the 55m/182ft charter yacht TURQUOISE gathering at Porto Cervo purely to soak up the atmosphere of the prestigious event and enjoy the local scenery.
Friday saw blue skies and perfect breeze allow for an excellent course off Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda, with GANESHA completing the 17 nautical mile course and crossing the line first in under 1 hour and 30 minutes.
On behalf of this result sleek-lined performance sloop GANESHA was crowned overall winner of regatta, a 2013 Vitters delivery and recent addition to the global charter fleet.
A pedigree Dubois design, her narrow beam and impressive Panamax rig allow for race-winning acceleration. She was recognised as the 'Best Sailing Yacht in 40m+ size range' at the World Superyacht Awards 2014.
She was followed by award-winning 54m/176ft Vitters yacht NIRVANA - participating for the first time - in second place, with 29m/95ft Evolution sailing yacht ALCANANA taking third place. The latter of which reaped the benefits of the expertise of Italian America’s Cup sailor Mauro Pelaschier when planning tactics.
The prize giving ceremony took place at the YCCS Clubhouse on Saturday, followed by a closing party for owners and crews. The Yacht Club Costa Smeralda’s busy summer calendar continues with the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta from 2-6 June.
To find out more about attending next year's Dubois Cup, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Compare all vessels available for a Sardinia luxury yacht charter to plan a vacation here.
A pedigree Dubois design, her narrow beam and impressive Panamax rig allow for race-winning acceleration.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...