Sailing Yacht GANESHA Takes Dubois Cup 2015
Unfortunate weather conditions at this year's Dubois Cup meant only one day of racing was possible in Costa Smeralda, after the light and shifty breeze thwarting the Race Committee’s efforts to get the racing into swing.
A fleet of ten superyachts took part in racing for the event, which began on Friday 29 May, with yachts such as the 55m/182ft charter yacht TURQUOISE gathering at Porto Cervo purely to soak up the atmosphere of the prestigious event and enjoy the local scenery.
Friday saw blue skies and perfect breeze allow for an excellent course off Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda, with GANESHA completing the 17 nautical mile course and crossing the line first in under 1 hour and 30 minutes.
On behalf of this result sleek-lined performance sloop GANESHA was crowned overall winner of regatta, a 2013 Vitters delivery and recent addition to the global charter fleet.
A pedigree Dubois design, her narrow beam and impressive Panamax rig allow for race-winning acceleration. She was recognised as the 'Best Sailing Yacht in 40m+ size range' at the World Superyacht Awards 2014.
She was followed by award-winning 54m/176ft Vitters yacht NIRVANA - participating for the first time - in second place, with 29m/95ft Evolution sailing yacht ALCANANA taking third place. The latter of which reaped the benefits of the expertise of Italian America’s Cup sailor Mauro Pelaschier when planning tactics.
The prize giving ceremony took place at the YCCS Clubhouse on Saturday, followed by a closing party for owners and crews. The Yacht Club Costa Smeralda’s busy summer calendar continues with the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta from 2-6 June.
To find out more about attending next year's Dubois Cup, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Compare all vessels available for a Sardinia luxury yacht charter to plan a vacation here.
A pedigree Dubois design, her narrow beam and impressive Panamax rig allow for race-winning acceleration.
CHARTER YACHTS AT THE DUBOIS CUP 2015:
Turquoise Yacht For Charter
55m Turquoise, 2011 / 2014
Ohana Yacht For Charter
50m Fitzroy, 2012
Ganesha Yacht For Charter
46m Vitters, 2013
Salperton Yacht For Charter
45m Fitzroy, 2009
Valquest Yacht For Charter
40m Bloemsma Van Breemen, 2009
CAROLINE 1 Yacht For Charter
35m Alloy Yachts, 1994 / 2015
Nostromo Yacht For Charter
30m Pendennis, 2009 / 2014
Penelope Yacht For Charter
30m Oyster Yachts, 2012
Margaret Ann Yacht For Charter
29m Pendennis, 2004 / 2013
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...