As Port Hercule is stripped of the exhibition stands and the superyachts disperse, we reflect on the glittering highlights of this year’s Monaco Yacht Show.
Indeed, with a range of iconic and award-winning superyachts berthed and at-anchor a short distance away, industry players spent four days discovering the latest and greatest amidst beautiful surroundings.
The twenty sixth edition of the prestigious show, a number of extra berths were on offer for the first time this year, allowing an even greater number of large yachts to go on display.
As well as hosting a number of seminars and product launches, the show also opened with the hotly anticipated Monaco Yacht Show Awards. No doubt the talk of the ceremony was the 70m/230ft motor yacht ‘Galactica Super Nova’ from Heesen which was awarded with an incredible two trophies.
Undertaking a series of detailed tours, the editorial team at YachtCharterFleet took the opportunity to gather exclusive information and images for forthcoming yacht reviews.
Exuding an imcomparable glamour, this year’s Monaco Yacht Show is sure to be as fondly remembered as those which went before it
No doubt one of the highlights of the show was getting the chance to step on board the historically mysterious 73m/238ft motor yacht ‘Coral Ocean’. Originally delivered from Lurssen in 1994, the interior of the Bannenberg & Rowell designed superyacht has until now remained the subject of speculation.
Similarly, taking a tour around the hugely iconic 88m/289ft sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’ provided considerable insight into one of the most recognisable vessels to ever sail the world’s waters.
What’s more, with the likes of the 63m/207ft motor yacht 11/11 and the recently delivered 60m/198ft luxury yacht SARASTAR on display, the Monaco Yacht Show 2016 was a great window into the current trends of modern superyacht design which are available to charterers.
In amongst the premieres of an impressive forty new builds, the show also saw the unveiling of a new concept from Feadship. Named ‘Choice’, the annual showcasing is an important tradition from the Dutch shipyard- it’s reported that previous concepts played an instrumental role in shaping the innovative 84m/274ft motor yacht SAVANNAH.
Capturing the attention of more playfully minded guests, a number of demonstrations of the latest water toys also kept things continually exciting out on the water.
Naturally, in the wake of such a successful show, there’s sure to be plenty of excitement already growing for the Monaco Yacht Show 2017.
In order to find out more regarding any of the charter yachts which attended the Monaco Yacht Show 2016, please feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury superyachts available for charter in Monaco.
- M/Y 'SERENITAS II' Delivered and Open For CharterNewly delivered, the 32m/105ft motor yacht ‘SERENITAS II’ is now available for charter in the sublime cruising grounds ...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y AIR Shows Off New Look After Major RefitFormerly known as QM of London, the 50m/164ft superyacht AIR has emerged from an extensive refurbishment with a fresh n...
- S/Y 'In Love' Now Available For CharterAvailable from 1st August, the 36m/117ft sailing yacht ‘In Love’ will be open for charter in the remarkable cruising gr...
- Feadship Superyacht HASNA DeliveredDesigned in partnership with a well-experienced charterer, the 73m/240ft motor yacht HASNA was delivered from Feadship ...
- World's Largest Superyacht REV Available To CharterSet to become the world's largest superyacht in terms of both length and gross tonnage (GT), the 182m/596ft motor yacht...