As the Monaco Yacht Show 2018 continues to impress, YachtCharterFleet brings you even more updates and exclusive pictures live from the iconic yachting event
Show visitors, industry professionals and superyacht crews were once again in high spirits as the second day of the annual show got underway in Monaco's Port Hercules yesterday.
On the ground at the show, YachtCharterFleet and other attendees have provided extremely positive feedback on the new layout. The changes see shipyards, yacht designers and brokers exhibiting alongside the superyacht they represent for the very first time and accessibility is said to be significantly improved.
Arguably the most-talked-about yacht of the show, however, is Oceanco’s brand new 90m/295ft superyacht DAR. YachtCharterFleet was delighted to be invited aboard the award-winning yacht for an exclusive tour, more information of which will be released over the next few weeks.
Improving accessibility around the port, the new layout changes have been warmly welcomed by attendees.
The recently launched 58m/198ft superyacht ‘Volpini 2’ from Amels also kept the team and other key industry influencers entertained with an evening of live music and refreshments.
Yet another memorable moment from yesterday was a spectacular aeronautical display by the Red Arrows over the Bay of Monaco in celebration of Pendennis’ 30th anniversary.
Capturing everybody’s attention, the flyover highlighted the outstanding fleet of at-anchor superyachts situated off the Monaco coast. Among these are high-profile vessels such as the 106m/348ft superyacht DREAM and Lurssen’s 90m/295ft charter yacht ‘Phoenix 2’.
The British shipyard is also commemorating their milestone anniversary at the event by debuting the 42m/139ft sailing yacht VIJONARA, the second in the yard’s Truly Classic 128 series.
The show runs until Saturday 29 September. For more images, check out our live Monaco Yacht Show 2018 gallery or our people and party photos from the Monaco Yacht Show 2018.
To discover more about any yachts at MYS 2018, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all superyachts attending the Monaco Yacht Show 2018.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.