As the Monaco Yacht Show 2018 continues to impress, YachtCharterFleet brings you even more updates and exclusive pictures live from the iconic yachting event
Show visitors, industry professionals and superyacht crews were once again in high spirits as the second day of the annual show got underway in Monaco's Port Hercules yesterday.
On the ground at the show, YachtCharterFleet and other attendees have provided extremely positive feedback on the new layout. The changes see shipyards, yacht designers and brokers exhibiting alongside the superyacht they represent for the very first time and accessibility is said to be significantly improved.
Arguably the most-talked-about yacht of the show, however, is Oceanco’s brand new 90m/295ft superyacht DAR. YachtCharterFleet was delighted to be invited aboard the award-winning yacht for an exclusive tour, more information of which will be released over the next few weeks.
Improving accessibility around the port, the new layout changes have been warmly welcomed by attendees.
The recently launched 58m/198ft superyacht ‘Volpini 2’ from Amels also kept the team and other key industry influencers entertained with an evening of live music and refreshments.
Yet another memorable moment from yesterday was a spectacular aeronautical display by the Red Arrows over the Bay of Monaco in celebration of Pendennis’ 30th anniversary.
Capturing everybody’s attention, the flyover highlighted the outstanding fleet of at-anchor superyachts situated off the Monaco coast. Among these are high-profile vessels such as the 106m/348ft superyacht DREAM and Lurssen’s 90m/295ft charter yacht ‘Phoenix 2’.
The British shipyard is also commemorating their milestone anniversary at the event by debuting the 42m/139ft sailing yacht VIJONARA, the second in the yard’s Truly Classic 128 series.
The show runs until Saturday 29 September. For more images, check out our live Monaco Yacht Show 2018 gallery or our people and party photos from the Monaco Yacht Show 2018.
To discover more about any yachts at MYS 2018, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all superyachts attending the Monaco Yacht Show 2018.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Wanderlust: Destinations worth waiting for Travel restrictions may be in place right now due to COVID-19, to but that isn’t stopping us planning ahead and looking...