The brand new Mataró Marina Barcelona in Spain, which accommodates luxury yachts between 20 and 50 metres, is now open for business.
Officially inaugurated into the Barcelona Nautical Cluster, Mataró Marina Barcelona is located only 15 miles north of Barcelona in the port of Mataró, the capital city of the Maresme region.
The new addition is the only marina of its kind between Barcelona and the southwest coastline of France, according to Varador 2000, the marina operator, and it is set to be an important presence in the Catalonian superyacht industry.
Offering 30 berths as well as options for superyachts over 50 metres in length, Mataró Marina Barcelona is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities to cater for motor yachts and sailing yachts, and can offer yacht-goers an exclusive and personalised service as well as private access into the marina.
Other marine developments planned for the region include the addition of around 160 new superyacht berths, to be completed in around 12 months. This includes the expansion of Barcelona's OneOcean Port Vell and the creation of Marina Vela in the city.
Marina Vela will feature 136 moorings and will be available for yachts measuring up to 50 metres in length, with up-to-date infrastructures, exclusive top class services and the utmost privacy.
Barcelona is one of the most fascinating and dynamic cities in the Mediterranean. Home to world-renowned architecture, vibrant culture, stylish restaurants and boutique shopping, the city makes a great escape.
Home to world-renowned architecture, vibrant culture, stylish restaurants and boutique shopping, the city makes a great escape
Further south is the beautiful city of Valencia and located off the Spanish coast are The Balearics, comprising Ibiza, Mallorca, Minora and Formentera. An up-and-coming charter destination, the Balearic sisters each have their own unique personality, offering no-end of charter options.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available to charter in the Mediterranean.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...