The brand new Mataró Marina Barcelona in Spain, which accommodates luxury yachts between 20 and 50 metres, is now open for business.
Officially inaugurated into the Barcelona Nautical Cluster, Mataró Marina Barcelona is located only 15 miles north of Barcelona in the port of Mataró, the capital city of the Maresme region.
The new addition is the only marina of its kind between Barcelona and the southwest coastline of France, according to Varador 2000, the marina operator, and it is set to be an important presence in the Catalonian superyacht industry.
Offering 30 berths as well as options for superyachts over 50 metres in length, Mataró Marina Barcelona is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities to cater for motor yachts and sailing yachts, and can offer yacht-goers an exclusive and personalised service as well as private access into the marina.
Other marine developments planned for the region include the addition of around 160 new superyacht berths, to be completed in around 12 months. This includes the expansion of Barcelona's OneOcean Port Vell and the creation of Marina Vela in the city.
Marina Vela will feature 136 moorings and will be available for yachts measuring up to 50 metres in length, with up-to-date infrastructures, exclusive top class services and the utmost privacy.
Barcelona is one of the most fascinating and dynamic cities in the Mediterranean. Home to world-renowned architecture, vibrant culture, stylish restaurants and boutique shopping, the city makes a great escape.
Home to world-renowned architecture, vibrant culture, stylish restaurants and boutique shopping, the city makes a great escape
Further south is the beautiful city of Valencia and located off the Spanish coast are The Balearics, comprising Ibiza, Mallorca, Minora and Formentera. An up-and-coming charter destination, the Balearic sisters each have their own unique personality, offering no-end of charter options.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available to charter in the Mediterranean.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed