In a category with five other Asia-based contenders, Dunia Baru was selected as the top charter choice by an expert panel of independent judges from across the yachting industry.
The award recognises the yacht’s consistently high levels of service provided over the past year, as well as her influence in introducing first-rate chartering services to new cruising areas in South East Asia and in promoting Asian boating destinations.
The Asia Boating Awards, hosted by the Asia Pacific Boating and China Boating magazines, celebrates the best of the superyacht industry in Asia, and the Dunia Baru team are excited to have been acknowledged alongside other regional pioneers and leaders.
Mark Robba, owner of charter yacht Dunia Baru, said: “We are so proud to be presented with this award and be recognised for taking the charter experience to the next level in Asia.
“This part of the world is unmatched in its beauty, variety and possibility for unforgettable adventures. Since day one, we have been dedicated to providing guests with the ultimate luxury platform to experience all it has to offer. From out world-class crew to each bespoke itinerary we create, we make sure that for every charter, each element is extraordinary.”
We are so proud to be presented with this award and be recognised for taking the charter experience to the next level in Asia
YachtCharterFleet was lucky enough to spend some time aboard Dunia Baru and can vouch for her being a worthy winner. She was painstakingly handcrafted from teak and ironwood by traditional Indonesian shipwrights but combines her traditional style with modern safety features and exceptional luxury.
Among her highlights are a laid-back yet luxurious interior, an al fresco lounge area which transforms into a cocktail bar, a unique eat-in galley, diving facilities and an on-board masseuse. She can sleep up to 14 guests in seven cabins, including an upper deck master suite with amazing views.
To find out more, read our Dunia Baru review. Or, for more inspiration, take a look at the Ultimate guide to visiting komodo dragons on a luxury yacht charter, a closer look at Indonesia's charter grounds or the best dive sites in Komodo National Park.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed