In a category with five other Asia-based contenders, Dunia Baru was selected as the top charter choice by an expert panel of independent judges from across the yachting industry.
The award recognises the yacht’s consistently high levels of service provided over the past year, as well as her influence in introducing first-rate chartering services to new cruising areas in South East Asia and in promoting Asian boating destinations.
The Asia Boating Awards, hosted by the Asia Pacific Boating and China Boating magazines, celebrates the best of the superyacht industry in Asia, and the Dunia Baru team are excited to have been acknowledged alongside other regional pioneers and leaders.
Mark Robba, owner of charter yacht Dunia Baru, said: “We are so proud to be presented with this award and be recognised for taking the charter experience to the next level in Asia.
“This part of the world is unmatched in its beauty, variety and possibility for unforgettable adventures. Since day one, we have been dedicated to providing guests with the ultimate luxury platform to experience all it has to offer. From out world-class crew to each bespoke itinerary we create, we make sure that for every charter, each element is extraordinary.”
We are so proud to be presented with this award and be recognised for taking the charter experience to the next level in Asia
YachtCharterFleet was lucky enough to spend some time aboard Dunia Baru and can vouch for her being a worthy winner. She was painstakingly handcrafted from teak and ironwood by traditional Indonesian shipwrights but combines her traditional style with modern safety features and exceptional luxury.
Among her highlights are a laid-back yet luxurious interior, an al fresco lounge area which transforms into a cocktail bar, a unique eat-in galley, diving facilities and an on-board masseuse. She can sleep up to 14 guests in seven cabins, including an upper deck master suite with amazing views.
To find out more, read our Dunia Baru review. Or, for more inspiration, take a look at the Ultimate guide to visiting komodo dragons on a luxury yacht charter, a closer look at Indonesia's charter grounds or the best dive sites in Komodo National Park.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...