Back in July when TIS could be partially seen at the Lurssen yard suspicions arose that the finished superyacht would differ from the sleek drawings that were previously released in 2014. Today we can see the new build is far more classic in design.
In the renderings, the hull was defined by clean, sharp lines but now its sheer line has a more pronounced curve and there are unexpected cutaways in the amidships section.
Likewise, the superstructure departs from the drawings. The dark glazing isn’t continuous and the helipad has been moved from the forward to the aft section of the sundeck. This is in addition to a second helipad which has remained on the foredeck.
This is another great example of how Lurssen successfully manage to keep their projects secret right up until the launch in order to retain their client’s privacy.
The superyacht was last seen on Germany’s Nord-Ostee Canal where work continues. Sea trials will begin shortly before she will be delivered to her owner later this year.
No pictures of the interior of the superyacht have been released as of yet but it has been confirmed that TIS has been designed by British studio Andrew Winch Design for a family-orientated owner.
Lurssen is extremely successful at keeping its projects under lock and key and has once again managed to keep the industry guessing until the end
The motor yacht will house a very generous interior volume spread over six decks. One deck is expected to be dedicated to the owner, with up to 22 guests able to be accommodated in a further 11 cabins.
Key highlights include a 12-metre swimming pool, a resort-style spa in the aft section of the yacht and palatial staircases unlike anything seen afloat to date.
M/Y TIS is not expected to be available for charter. But, for more details on renting a Lurssen superyacht, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all Lurssen superyachts available for charter.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Brand new 52m 'Lady Lena' available for 2020 Mediterranean yacht chartersDue to be delivered next year, the 52m/170ft motor yacht 'Lady Lena' is now open for yacht charter bookings for summer ...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.