Twenty-four sailing yachts are currently confirmed to compete in the 12th edition of the prestigious Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta; a record number in recent years.
Widely considered a precursor to the Mediterranean superyacht season, the regatta sees sailing yachts take on a variety of courses around the iconic La Maddalena archipelago, along Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda.
The largest entrant so far is the 52m/170ft charter yacht Q from Alloy Yachts. A high-performance sailing yacht complete with lavish living spaces, she is both an established racer and proven platform for private yacht charters. She recently enjoyed a podium, second-place finish in her class at the St Barths Bucket Regatta, proving her capacity for precision and performance on the water.
Other participants include the 40m/130ft sailing yacht ‘My Song’ from Baltic Yachts. She is looking to replicate her winning ways this year, after the 2018 edition of the regatta saw her storm to victory, stealing a fourth-year consecutive win from Wally’s 45m/148ft sailing yacht SAUDADE.
The regatta sees sailing yachts take on a variety of courses over five days.
Racing alongside her, Perini Navi’s 50m/ 163ft luxury yacht SILENCIO is sure to draw in plenty of attention with her sleek Christian Liaigre-designed exterior. Not only does she boast a winning track record at the Perini Navi Cup, she also offers exceptional handling thanks to wide, open deck areas and a hull optimised for high-performance sailing.
As well as allowing multihulls over 50 feet to participate, the 2019 event will also introduce an extra day to account for any races which need to be rescheduled.
Complementing the fast-paced action on the water, the Regatta plays host to a glitzy social schedule, which takes place in the refined setting of the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda. Competitors, boat owners and charterers will have the chance to network at cocktail receptions and sunset parties, all while soaking up the electric ambience of the races.
The 2019 event will also introduce an extra day to account for any races which need to be rescheduled.
Blending technically challenging courses with the beautiful and unique backdrop of Porto Cervo, the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta is an excellent way to extend an Italy luxury yacht charter vacation, and watch the action unfold from a luxury yacht on the sidelines. A popular charter destination in its own right, Sardinia offers long swathes of white sand beaches, luxury design emporiums and world-class dining opportunities.
Any other yachts which wish to compete, or simply join in on the Rendez-Vous aspect of the event, have until May 2 to register.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed