Greece Maintains its Status as a Superyacht Hotspot
With a long and successful maritime history, Greece remains at the heart of southern Europe’s yachting world and, looking back on its popularity and ranking over the past 12 months, it’s easy to spot the country’s ever-growing appeal as a charter destination.
Early in 2016, Condé Nast Traveller magazine selected Greece as one of the top six destinations to visit in May, as well as naming 14 Greek islands as the ideal summer destinations.
Among those singled out were the Cycladic islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Tinos, Andros, Naxos and Sifnos, while Corfu and Kefallonia of the Ionian Islands, and Rhodes, Symi, Patmos, Astypalaia, Hydra and Crete also made the list.
The Virtuoso Traveller was another magazine to recognise Greece, ranking the country as one of the top 10 locations for jet-setters, and newspapers also paid tribute, with Greece chosen as one of the best countries to visit in the world in 2015-16 at the Telegraph Travel Awards.
The Express newspaper, on the other hand, singled out Crete and Skopelos of the Sporades Islands in their list of five ‘Best European Short Getaways’, and ranked Corfu and Santorini in the six best Mediterranean cruising destinations.
Greece’s mainland also made it in the destination charts as The Mirror mentioned Kalamata and Messinia in their ‘Top 10 New Hot Destinations of 2016’ and, more recently, Condé Nast Traveller awarded Athens fifth place in their compilation of 17 'Best Places to Travel in 2017’.
As a whole, 2016 was a year in which Greece received immense positive feedback from the international travel press and continued to attract visitors from all corners of the globe.
Of course, all those familiar with Greek waters will know why they make such fantastic cruising grounds. Alongside an enviable yachting infrastructure and safe waters, are truly beautiful coastlines, a unique culture, an ideal climate and a reputation for welcoming hospitality.
Looking forward to 2017, there are already signs that Greece’s popularity will endure over the next 12 months, with major European tour operators revealing that early bookings are already being made. So, now is the time to start planning your summer charter vacation to Greece.
What's more, the Greek Yachting Association is “confident that this year Greece will maintain its position as the prime yachting destination in the Mediterranean”.
2016 was a year in which Greece received immense positive feedback from the international travel press and continued to attract visitors from all corners of the globe
SUPERYACHTS AVAILABLE TO CHARTER IN GREECE:
Kismet Yacht For Charter
95m Lurssen, 2014
Coral Ocean Yacht For Charter
73m Lurssen, 1994 / 2016
Slipstream Yacht For Charter
60m CMN Yachts, 2009
My Seanna Yacht For Charter
56m Delta Marine, 2001 / 2014
Steel Yacht For Charter
55m Pendennis, 2009
Rox Star Yacht For Charter
40m Oguz Marine, 2015
Queen of Datca Yacht For Charter
36m Yener, 2009
Susanne af Stockholm Yacht For Charter
30m Tréhard Marine, 1990 / 1997
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...