Despite the ongoing financial problems that beset Greece at the current time, the Greek Yachting Association is emphasising that luxury yacht charter remains unaffected.
Withe result of last Sunday's referendum being a resounding 'no' vote to the proposals put forward by creditors, the financial instability of Greece has caused many tourists to cancel holidays, in fear of not being able to access finances whilst there.
However it would seem that the yacht charter industry is one area that has escaped the would-be depression and that the wellbeing of charter guests is guaranteed to be completely maintained.
According to MIchael Skoulikidis, president of the GYA and CEO of Atalanta Golden Yachts, he has confirmed that all yacht charters are carrying on 'without any problems at all' and that there is no shortage of provisions and everything in the yachting sector is 'under control'.
Others have gone so far as to say that the current situation could end up being the best time for yacht charter since there are without doubt, some excellent deals to be had.
Most of the leading yacht charter companies operating in Greece had already made provisions ahead of the referendum and prepared for both the best and worse case scenarios - in order to safeguard all clients' current and future interests.
It has been said by many that despite the chronic economic downturn in the country and the uncertaintly as to how things will proceed at this moment in time, Greece will never cease to be a highly sought after and highly visited destination for those who want a different kind of holiday aboard a yacht. Due to the peace, the secluded places that Greek captains know of and avoiding visiting Athens, the capital that has been the centre of European political and economic activity for the last few weeks - a yachting holiday will be largely unaffected by the recent events.
Obviously it is still wise to take precautions and try and avoid using the Greek banks where possible. Tourists have been advised to take more cash with them since the withdrawal rate has been very low each day and avoid the use of credit cards since many business will not be willing to accept them.
When taking cash into the country, it is worth discussing the amount you wish to take with your insurer - since any amount over €10,000 will need to be declared.
It is also of paramount importance to have a lawyer check through all the terms and conditions of the yacht charter contract before heading out to Greece. This will ensure that there are no nasty surprises in the event of anything occurring, that your money is safe for the duration of your trip and that the cicumstances of a cancellation as a direct result of economic activity within the country will not result in loss of your money.
For further information about visiting Greece contact your preferred yacht charter broker.
To begin planning your next vacation, view all vessels available for a Greece luxury yacht charter.
It has been said by many that despite the chronic economic downturn in the country, Greece will never cease to be a highly sought after and highly visited destination for those who want a different kind of holiday aboard a yacht
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- World's Largest Superyacht REV Available To CharterSet to become the world's largest superyacht in terms of both length and gross tonnage (GT), the 182m/596ft motor yacht...
- Superyacht 11-11 Now Available for Peak SeasonDue to a change in the owner’s plans, the 63m/207ft motor yacht 11/11 has some highly desireable and rare charter avail...
- M/Y KHALILAH Joins the Global Charter FleetThe first all carbon superyacht, the 49m/157ft superyacht KHALILAH is the latest addition to the global charter fleet. ...
- M/Y SAVANNAH Offers Rare Charter OpportunityOne of the most highly regarded and exclusive superyachts of all time, the 84m/274ft motor yacht SAVANNAH has some rare...
- Video: Life On Board 83m M/Y ‘Here Comes The Sun’A brand new video released by Amels showcases the levels of luxury to be enjoyed on board their largest superyacht to d...