The 57th edition of the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show closed its doors on Monday after what was another successful event for exhibitors, attendees and luxury charter yachts.
Although the sunshine in Florida gave way to rain over the weekend, the weather did not appear to dampen the spirits of visitors as they continued to flood into the show during the final few days of the event and the harbour-side show locations were all thriving with activity.
Even the uncertainty surrounding America’s looming election failed to effect the upbeat atmosphere, with YachtCharterFleet receiving positive feedback from brokers, boat builders and other industry professionals.
The star of the show was undoubtedly the 84m/274ft superyacht SAVANNAH. A last-minute entry into the event, she proved to be extremely popular among show visitors but only a limited number were invited aboard for a tour. Luckily this included the team at YachtCharterFleet.
Launched by Feadship in January 2015, she is far from your typical yacht. According to the Dutch shipyard, she represents the future in superyacht design and, as YachtCharterFleet saw, she certainly breaks the mould when it comes to superyacht layouts.
Behind her ground-breaking exterior and interior design is the Paris-based CG Designs. SAVANNAH was, in fact, only the second superyacht project undertaken by the team, but their fresh approach led to a questioning of traditional arrangements and, ultimately, the addition of features such as the large aft deck swimming pool, which sits level with the main salon.
The design house also brought in innovations such as the ground-breaking use of glass and one of the industry’s most sophisticated lighting plans, and YachtCharterFleet will be sure to report on these in more depth over the upcoming weeks.
The motor yacht has certainly been making waves in the industry, picking up a multitude of prestigious awards such as ‘Motor Yacht of the Year’ at the World Superyacht Awards 2016, and it’s clear to see why she has been garnering such praise and attention.
Making her world debut, she marks a departure from the high-gloss walnut-clad interiors typically associated with the American yard
Making her world debut, she marks a departure from the high-gloss walnut-clad interiors typically associated with the American yard and, instead, offers a beach house-style with glazed sycamore walls and classic teak floors.
She also boasts hand-made Santos Rosewood furniture with stainless steel and shagreen accents as well as a feature staircase of glass and woven leather walls, and glass treads.
Other charter yachts on show included the 62m/205ft motor yacht 'Party Girl', a Icon-build which has recently joined the global charter fleet, and the 37m/123ft motor yacht TEMPTATION from Palmer Johnson.
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...