The magnificent 84m/274ft superyacht SAVANNAH came out on top in her category at last night’s (November 2nd) International Superyacht Society Design Awards, adding yet another accolade to her impressive trophy cabinet.
The prestigious award ceremony was held as part of the 26th Annual Gala for Design & Leadership at the Broward Center for Performing Arts in Florida and saw SAVANNAH take home the prize for ‘Best Power’ over 65 metres.
Launched by Feadship in January 2015, she is the world’s first hybrid superyacht and boasts a pioneering propulsion system, a nine-metre swimming pool, an underwater ‘Nemo lounge’ and multiple visually stunning design features.
She has certainly been making waves in the superyacht industry as this latest award follows her success at the 2016 ShowBoat Design Awards in February, where she picked up three coveted Neptune trophies, celebrating both her exterior and interior design and styling, as well as her holistic design.
The motor yacht also met with success at the 2016 World Superyacht Awards in May where she won her category for ‘displacement motor yacht from 1,3000GT to 2,999GT’ and was named ‘Motor Yacht of the Year’.
At yesterday’s ISS Design Awards, luxury yacht SAVANNAH faced competition from other 2015-builds on the charter market, including the 72m/236ft superyacht ‘O’Pari 3’ from Golden Yachts and Silver Yachts’ 77m/253ft superyacht ‘Silver Fast’.
Meanwhile, another charter yacht to win at yesterday’s event was Cantiere Delle Marche’s 33m/110ft expedition yacht NARVALO, which scooped the award for best interior, commending the beautiful work of Nauta Design.
In the sailing yacht category, the 39m/127ft charter yacht ATALANTE from Claasen Shipyards and the 86m282ft charter yacht AQUIJO nominated in their respective categories, but unfortunately missed out on an award.
The longest-running awards in the superyacht industry, the International Superyacht Society Awards for Design and Leadership sees ISS members vote for the latest yacht launches as nominated by yacht builders, designers and refit yards.
Expedition yacht NARVALO scooped the award for best interior, commending the beautiful work of Nauta Design
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.