The magnificent 84m/274ft superyacht SAVANNAH came out on top in her category at last night’s (November 2nd) International Superyacht Society Design Awards, adding yet another accolade to her impressive trophy cabinet.
The prestigious award ceremony was held as part of the 26th Annual Gala for Design & Leadership at the Broward Center for Performing Arts in Florida and saw SAVANNAH take home the prize for ‘Best Power’ over 65 metres.
Launched by Feadship in January 2015, she is the world’s first hybrid superyacht and boasts a pioneering propulsion system, a nine-metre swimming pool, an underwater ‘Nemo lounge’ and multiple visually stunning design features.
She has certainly been making waves in the superyacht industry as this latest award follows her success at the 2016 ShowBoat Design Awards in February, where she picked up three coveted Neptune trophies, celebrating both her exterior and interior design and styling, as well as her holistic design.
The motor yacht also met with success at the 2016 World Superyacht Awards in May where she won her category for ‘displacement motor yacht from 1,3000GT to 2,999GT’ and was named ‘Motor Yacht of the Year’.
At yesterday’s ISS Design Awards, luxury yacht SAVANNAH faced competition from other 2015-builds on the charter market, including the 72m/236ft superyacht ‘O’Pari 3’ from Golden Yachts and Silver Yachts’ 77m/253ft superyacht ‘Silver Fast’.
Meanwhile, another charter yacht to win at yesterday’s event was Cantiere Delle Marche’s 33m/110ft expedition yacht NARVALO, which scooped the award for best interior, commending the beautiful work of Nauta Design.
In the sailing yacht category, the 39m/127ft charter yacht ATALANTE from Claasen Shipyards and the 86m282ft charter yacht AQUIJO nominated in their respective categories, but unfortunately missed out on an award.
The longest-running awards in the superyacht industry, the International Superyacht Society Awards for Design and Leadership sees ISS members vote for the latest yacht launches as nominated by yacht builders, designers and refit yards.
Expedition yacht NARVALO scooped the award for best interior, commending the beautiful work of Nauta Design
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...