The magnificent 84m/274ft superyacht SAVANNAH came out on top in her category at last night’s (November 2nd) International Superyacht Society Design Awards, adding yet another accolade to her impressive trophy cabinet.
The prestigious award ceremony was held as part of the 26th Annual Gala for Design & Leadership at the Broward Center for Performing Arts in Florida and saw SAVANNAH take home the prize for ‘Best Power’ over 65 metres.
Launched by Feadship in January 2015, she is the world’s first hybrid superyacht and boasts a pioneering propulsion system, a nine-metre swimming pool, an underwater ‘Nemo lounge’ and multiple visually stunning design features.
She has certainly been making waves in the superyacht industry as this latest award follows her success at the 2016 ShowBoat Design Awards in February, where she picked up three coveted Neptune trophies, celebrating both her exterior and interior design and styling, as well as her holistic design.
The motor yacht also met with success at the 2016 World Superyacht Awards in May where she won her category for ‘displacement motor yacht from 1,3000GT to 2,999GT’ and was named ‘Motor Yacht of the Year’.
At yesterday’s ISS Design Awards, luxury yacht SAVANNAH faced competition from other 2015-builds on the charter market, including the 72m/236ft superyacht ‘O’Pari 3’ from Golden Yachts and Silver Yachts’ 77m/253ft superyacht ‘Silver Fast’.
Meanwhile, another charter yacht to win at yesterday’s event was Cantiere Delle Marche’s 33m/110ft expedition yacht NARVALO, which scooped the award for best interior, commending the beautiful work of Nauta Design.
In the sailing yacht category, the 39m/127ft charter yacht ATALANTE from Claasen Shipyards and the 86m282ft charter yacht AQUIJO nominated in their respective categories, but unfortunately missed out on an award.
The longest-running awards in the superyacht industry, the International Superyacht Society Awards for Design and Leadership sees ISS members vote for the latest yacht launches as nominated by yacht builders, designers and refit yards.
Expedition yacht NARVALO scooped the award for best interior, commending the beautiful work of Nauta Design
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...
- New M/Y ‘Liquid Sky’ Joins Global Charter FleetThe newly launched 47m/154ft motor yacht ‘Liquid Sky’ is the latest addition to the charter market and will be availabl...
- Charter Yacht SKYLER Wins ‘Best of the Best’ AwardStorming to victory at an awards ceremony hosted by the Robb Report China last week, the 38m/125ft motor yacht SKYLER w...
- Where Can I Charter In The Caribbean This Winter?As the Caribbean returns to its historic glory following weather complications earlier this year, we provide a fresh up...
- 10 Of The Best Brand New Yachts To Charter In 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best brand new superyachts in 2018.
- 6 Brand New Charter Yachts To Look Out For In 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...