The 74m expedition yacht LEGEND is currently in the shipyard undertaking a major refit commissioned by a new owner. She will be available for Antarctica and South America charter vacations in 2015.
Delivered in 1974 by IHC Verschure, LEGEND was built as a fully classified ice-breaking vessel, making her the ideal superyacht for Antarctic exploration. LEGEND’s refit at Icon Yachts shipyard will see her return to the charter fleet benefitting from extensive technical and system upgrades and extensive exterior modifications.
Most notably, her stern will be extended by 3.6m and she will be equipped with a swimming pool and swim platform to provide easy access to her array of water toys – including snow scooters and a compact U-Boat Worx Superyacht 3-person Submarine. The ultra-lightweight submarine, allows for exploration at depths of over 100m in the comfort of leather seating for up to 12 hours and offers a completely new perspective to underwater adventure.
Her new features will add to LEGEND’s impressive amenities guests can enjoy, including a state-of-the art gym, a Balinese spa complete with sauna, a beauty salon, large cinema room and deck Jacuzzi. Perhaps most exciting is her fully-certified helipad, which alongside her submarine, leaves no type of exploration overlooked for charters visiting the incredible mountain ranges and ice shelves of the Antarctic or exploring Incan ruins or the Amazonian rainforest on a South American yacht charter vacation.
She can accommodate as many as 26 guests within 13 spacious cabins, including a luxurious master suite, two VIP suites, four double staterooms and 6 twin cabins, some of which are convertible.
At-anchor stabilizers ensure guests travel in the ultimate comfort in rough waters by working to reducing roll motion effect. LEGEND offers a top speed of 17 knots and a cruising speed of 10 knots.
...her fully-certified helipad... alongside her submarine, leaves no type of exploration overlooked for charters visiting the incredible mountain ranges and ice shelves of the Antarctic or exploring Incan ruins or the Amazonian rainforest...
Under her new owner she becomes the sister ship to the popular 70m charter yacht SHERAKHAN, built by Vuyk in 2005, she recently completed an 8-week refit at the Icon shipyard to be in great condition for the winter charter season. SHERAKHAN sleeps up to 26 guests and boasts a sauna and spa, a classically styled interior and selection of inflatable water toys - perfect for enjoying the sunshine during a luxury charter in the Caribbean.
Alternatively, view all luxury yachts for charter in the Caribbean to find perfect expedition yacht for your next winter vacation.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.