A go-anywhere adventurer, LEGEND was re-launched earlier this year at Dutch shipyard Icon Yachts after 18 months of renovations. Featuring an ice-breaking hull, helipad and impressive range of 7,640 nautical miles, she is engineered to traverse the remote and challenging waters of Antarctica.
Virtually uninhabited, the snow-covered continent of Antarctica glitters with glaciers and fascinating wildlife. Charterers can cruise through cobalt waters with whales and seals, taking in penguin colonies, otherworldly icebergs and some of the most breath-taking vistas known to man.
There is truly no better way to explore this magnificent region than aboard LEGEND. As well as being designed to explore such waters, her recent transformation ensures she offers all the luxuries and comforts you would expect on a luxury yacht charter.
Her deck areas, for example, include a swimming pool, which shares the aft deck with a large alfresco dining table. The upper deck aft, meanwhile, offers multiple lounging opportunities as well as a bar and barbecue.
Charter yacht LEGEND also boasts an extremely stylish interior thanks to designers Thomas Beeren and Jan Verkerk. Throughout her living areas, classic features such as wide, wooden floorboards and pillars fuse with contemporary touches for a unique yet welcoming atmosphere.
In the main salon, guests can enjoy drinks from the marble-topped bar by the lounge’s roaring fire before dining around a large polished table. After dinner, retreat to the more laid-back skylounge, where a modern seating area centres on a second fireplace alongside a white piano.
As well as being designed to explore such waters, her recent transformations ensure she offers all the luxuries and comforts you would expect on a luxury yacht charter
Other highlights of the interior include a fully-equipped gymnasium, where guests can work out before unwinding in the Balinese spa complete with a beauty salon, sauna and Jacuzzi. Or, you may prefer to sit back and watch a movie in a dedicated cinema room.
A recently extended swim platform ensures guests can make the most of the water toys on board and explore the captivating surrounds from a different perspective. Choose from snow scooters, WaveRunners, kayaks, paddleboards and scuba diving equipment or pay an extra cost for helicopter or submarine excursions.
Another rare trait of the expedition yacht is her ability to comfortably sleep up to 26 guests in 13 cabins, including a master suite with its own private office and lounge, two VIP suites, four double cabins and six twin cabins – some of which are convertible.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed