Expedition Yacht LEGEND Charters in Antarctica
A go-anywhere adventurer, LEGEND was re-launched earlier this year at Dutch shipyard Icon Yachts after 18 months of renovations. Featuring an ice-breaking hull, helipad and impressive range of 7,640 nautical miles, she is engineered to traverse the remote and challenging waters of Antarctica.
Virtually uninhabited, the snow-covered continent of Antarctica glitters with glaciers and fascinating wildlife. Charterers can cruise through cobalt waters with whales and seals, taking in penguin colonies, otherworldly icebergs and some of the most breath-taking vistas known to man.
There is truly no better way to explore this magnificent region than aboard LEGEND. As well as being designed to explore such waters, her recent transformation ensures she offers all the luxuries and comforts you would expect on a luxury yacht charter.
Her deck areas, for example, include a swimming pool, which shares the aft deck with a large alfresco dining table. The upper deck aft, meanwhile, offers multiple lounging opportunities as well as a bar and barbecue.
Charter yacht LEGEND also boasts an extremely stylish interior thanks to designers Thomas Beeren and Jan Verkerk. Throughout her living areas, classic features such as wide, wooden floorboards and pillars fuse with contemporary touches for a unique yet welcoming atmosphere.
In the main salon, guests can enjoy drinks from the marble-topped bar by the lounge’s roaring fire before dining around a large polished table. After dinner, retreat to the more laid-back skylounge, where a modern seating area centres on a second fireplace alongside a white piano.
As well as being designed to explore such waters, her recent transformations ensure she offers all the luxuries and comforts you would expect on a luxury yacht charter
Other highlights of the interior include a fully-equipped gymnasium, where guests can work out before unwinding in the Balinese spa complete with a beauty salon, sauna and Jacuzzi. Or, you may prefer to sit back and watch a movie in a dedicated cinema room.
A recently extended swim platform ensures guests can make the most of the water toys on board and explore the captivating surrounds from a different perspective. Choose from snow scooters, WaveRunners, kayaks, paddleboards and scuba diving equipment or pay an extra cost for helicopter or submarine excursions.
Another rare trait of the expedition yacht is her ability to comfortably sleep up to 26 guests in 13 cabins, including a master suite with its own private office and lounge, two VIP suites, four double cabins and six twin cabins – some of which are convertible.
More Yacht Information
Legend Yacht For Charter
77m IHC Verschure, 1974 / 2016
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...