Built for off-the-beaten track adventures, PIONEER was launched by Palmer Johnson in 2006 and, following an extensive 2015 refit, has been adventuring to far-flung destinations. She is now offering the rare opportunity to explore Greenland during the month of July.
Designed by Vripack, she has an 8,000 nautical mile range and a modern stabilisation system for smooth and comfortable cruising in this ice-covered region. The jagged, fjord-line coastline certainly invites exploration, with astounding Artic wildlife to spot on land and under the water.
The Northwest Passage, meanwhile, is a series of waterways winding though the Canadian Artic Archipelago, and charters will be able to experience the amazing wildlife, history and local Inuit culture the passages offers from mid-August as PIONEER returns south towards the Caribbean.
As well as taking in sublime landscapes of snow-capped mountains, lush meadows and floating icebergs, guests will also be able to experience the endless days known as the midnight sun, dive shipwrecks, sea kayak like a local and retrace the routes of by-gone explorers.
The modern-classic interior aboard luxury yacht PIONEER provides a sumptuous retreat after a day of diving under the icebergs, heli-skiing or trekking though mountainous terrain. Warm woods and pale furnishings create a welcoming atmosphere for all to enjoy on a private yacht charter.
On the main deck, guests can get-together in the large salon or take some time out in the adjoining library before being served dinner in a formal dining salon. There are plenty of opportunities for dining and relaxing on deck too, with a highlight being the split-level sundeck.
After a busy day on the water, charterers can retreat into one of five staterooms. Located on the upper deck, a master suite incorporates a private lounge and benefits from stunning panoramic vistas. The remaining cabins are on the lower deck alongside a fully-equipped gym.
The modern-classic interior aboard PIONEER provides a sumptuous retreat after day of diving under the icebergs
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.