Organisers of the Monaco Yacht Show (MYS) launched the 100-day countdown to the 2018 edition of the iconic event during a glitzy cocktail reception at Monaco Heliport earlier this week.
One hundred guests, ranging from partners and exhibiting companies to private clients of the show, were invited to attend the celebration 100 days ahead of the annual show which will take over Monaco’s Port Hercules from 26 to 29 September.
General Manager of the MYS Gaëlle Tallarida took the opportunity to reveal some of the show’s features aimed specifically at attracting future superyacht clients.
Among these are the Monaco Yacht Summit returning for its third edition, the VIP visit programme known as the Sapphire Experience and the on-board public relation events, which hope to promote the show and the wider superyacht industry to a high-profile audience.
Details about the new 2018 floating exhibition, which will display 120 superyachts averaging 49 metres in length, were also unveiled. Of these yachts, around 45 are expected to be making their worldwide debut.
Along the jetty, yacht designers, shipyards and brokerage houses will exhibit alongside the yachts they represent in an effort to improve the visitor experience for the show's private clientele.
Yacht designers, shipyards and brokerage houses will now exhibit alongside the yachts they represent
Alongside the world-class display of luxury yachts there will be exhibits from 580 companies from the yachting industry. The different exhibition areas include a tenders and toys zone, the Car Deck and a brand new Art Pavilion.
Another highlight of the launch was winners of a quiz run during the reception immediately boarded a helicopter for a panoramic flight over Monaco.
The line-up of yachts attending the Monaco Yacht Show 2018 has yet to be revealed, but YachtCharterFleet will be sure to keep readers updated on all the latest news and announcements.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...