Organisers of the Monaco Yacht Show (MYS) launched the 100-day countdown to the 2018 edition of the iconic event during a glitzy cocktail reception at Monaco Heliport earlier this week.
One hundred guests, ranging from partners and exhibiting companies to private clients of the show, were invited to attend the celebration 100 days ahead of the annual show which will take over Monaco’s Port Hercules from 26 to 29 September.
General Manager of the MYS Gaëlle Tallarida took the opportunity to reveal some of the show’s features aimed specifically at attracting future superyacht clients.
Among these are the Monaco Yacht Summit returning for its third edition, the VIP visit programme known as the Sapphire Experience and the on-board public relation events, which hope to promote the show and the wider superyacht industry to a high-profile audience.
Details about the new 2018 floating exhibition, which will display 120 superyachts averaging 49 metres in length, were also unveiled. Of these yachts, around 45 are expected to be making their worldwide debut.
Along the jetty, yacht designers, shipyards and brokerage houses will exhibit alongside the yachts they represent in an effort to improve the visitor experience for the show's private clientele.
Yacht designers, shipyards and brokerage houses will now exhibit alongside the yachts they represent
Alongside the world-class display of luxury yachts there will be exhibits from 580 companies from the yachting industry. The different exhibition areas include a tenders and toys zone, the Car Deck and a brand new Art Pavilion.
Another highlight of the launch was winners of a quiz run during the reception immediately boarded a helicopter for a panoramic flight over Monaco.
The line-up of yachts attending the Monaco Yacht Show 2018 has yet to be revealed, but YachtCharterFleet will be sure to keep readers updated on all the latest news and announcements.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.