Danny Davies, chef of the 150ft (46m) Richmond-built luxury yacht EXCELLENCE has stormed to victory at the second annual FLIBS Sunset Soiree and Yacht Chef Competition.
Held on November 1 at the Superyacht Village, the FLIBS Annual Sunset Soiree and Yacht Chef Competition saw five yacht chefs battle it out to be crowned with the winning title by an expert panel of judges.
The event was hosted in aid of Mission of Hope, a relief mission to help those in the Bahamas still feeling the effects of Hurricane Dorian.
Onlookers were able to purchase tickets for the event, and watch the chefs slicing and dicing before sampling the culinary delights for themselves.
Representing charter yacht EXCELLENCE, Danny Davies was named the winner with assistance from sous chef Ratu Bawai.
His winning dish was a desert of chocolate fudge cake with raspberry and mango pearls served with dry ice chocolate ice cream and garnished with a sour apple cotton candy tree.
He was challenged with creating a dish that would be straightforward enough to serve more than 350 portions of, while still being complex enough to wow the judges.
Davies commented; “I wanted to make something that would really pop and capture everybody’s attention.”
The event was hosted in aid of Mission of Hope, a relief mission to help led by those in the Bahamas still feeling the effects of Hurricane Dorian.
“It was a great honour to win and even better to raise money for the Bahamas. Motor yacht Excellence has chartered heavily in the Bahamas over 2019 and the Bahamas feels like our back yard.”
EXCELLENCE enjoyed success earlier in the day as well, when her interior crew won the Top Notch Tabletop Competition.
“It was a clean sweep for motor yacht EXCELLENCE. We are a close crew and a great team. It is a very busy boat and popular yacht charter platform.” Stated Davies.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.