Danny Davies, chef of the 150ft (46m) Richmond-built luxury yacht EXCELLENCE has stormed to victory at the second annual FLIBS Sunset Soiree and Yacht Chef Competition.
Held on November 1 at the Superyacht Village, the FLIBS Annual Sunset Soiree and Yacht Chef Competition saw five yacht chefs battle it out to be crowned with the winning title by an expert panel of judges.
The event was hosted in aid of Mission of Hope, a relief mission to help those in the Bahamas still feeling the effects of Hurricane Dorian.
Onlookers were able to purchase tickets for the event, and watch the chefs slicing and dicing before sampling the culinary delights for themselves.
Representing charter yacht EXCELLENCE, Danny Davies was named the winner with assistance from sous chef Ratu Bawai.
His winning dish was a desert of chocolate fudge cake with raspberry and mango pearls served with dry ice chocolate ice cream and garnished with a sour apple cotton candy tree.
He was challenged with creating a dish that would be straightforward enough to serve more than 350 portions of, while still being complex enough to wow the judges.
Davies commented; “I wanted to make something that would really pop and capture everybody’s attention.”
The event was hosted in aid of Mission of Hope, a relief mission to help led by those in the Bahamas still feeling the effects of Hurricane Dorian.
“It was a great honour to win and even better to raise money for the Bahamas. Motor yacht Excellence has chartered heavily in the Bahamas over 2019 and the Bahamas feels like our back yard.”
EXCELLENCE enjoyed success earlier in the day as well, when her interior crew won the Top Notch Tabletop Competition.
“It was a clean sweep for motor yacht EXCELLENCE. We are a close crew and a great team. It is a very busy boat and popular yacht charter platform.” Stated Davies.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed