With charter yachts dominating each of the categories at the upcoming ISS awards, things are set to get very exciting in Florida this November.
Coinciding with the opening day of the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, the International Superyacht Society awards will take place on 1st November.
Honouring motor yachts and sailing yachts across a broad range of categories, the ceremony aims to distinguish the very best of the best of those delivered over the previous year. With nominees selected by a panel of judges, there’s no doubt that the awards confer a prestigious seal of approval.
Making this year’s edition particularly exciting is the sheer number of charter yachts which have made it to the final stages of the competition.
Walking you through those in with a chance of collecting a trophy this month, we take a look at the contenders in each of the categories.
best power 65m+
No doubt one of the most exciting awards to be handed out, the ‘Best Power 65m+’ looks at the larger superyachts which have been delivered since 2016.
The largest motor yacht entered for this year’s prize is the privately owned 156m/512ft luxury yacht DILBAR. Built by Lurssen and bearing the design work of both Andrew Winch and Espen Oeino, there’s no question that she’ll make for some stiff competition.
Celebrating the finest new superyachts, the ISS Awards reveal those which promise highly exciting charter vacations
Another charter yacht in contention for the title of ‘Best Power 65m+’ is the 83m/272ft motor yacht ‘Here Comes The Sun’ from Amels. The largest superyacht ever built by the Dutch shipyard, the impressive Owner’s deck and enormous beach club are sure to tick many of the judges’ boxes.
The groundbreaking 73m/237ft motor yacht CLOUDBREAK is also shortlisted for the prize, and her spectacular range of innovative features -not to mention her performance capabilities- make her a strong candidate.
Ultimately, this is a category full of fantastic superyachts which all deserve a trophy for their respective achievements.
Recognising the phenomenal work carried out by refit yards across the globe, the ISS has dedicated a category for ‘Best Refit’.
This year, the work Perini Navi performed on the 64m/210ft sailing yacht ‘Spirit of the C’s’ is sure to take some beating, with her breathtaking new interior forming the central subject of our on-board review.
Also up for the award is the 90m/296ft motor yacht NERO, a classically styled superyacht which has recently enjoyed a number of upgrades to her interior and exterior sections.
Looking to add to her already impressive trophy cabinet, a win for the 86m/281ft motor yacht AQUILA would be her third since her delivery in 2010. Indeed, she won in the ‘Best Refitted Yacht’ category at the World Superyacht Awards 2017 just last month.
best power 40m-65m
Another category sure to generate plenty of excitement is the ‘Best Power 40m-65m’. Full of sleek and sporty superyachts, the nominees are each defined by their innovative design and high performance capabilities.
Making this award particularly exciting, however, is the fact that two sister ships belonging to the charter fleet are in the running. Indeed, both the 49m/160ft motor yacht CHASSEUR and the 50m/164ft luxury yacht ‘Silver Lining’ from Christensen have both made it to the list of finalists.
Another charter yacht which has been shortlisted for the trophy is the 50m/164ft motor yacht ‘Da Vinci’ from Overmarine. Capable of reaching high speeds, and offering supreme comfort, she will certainly have received extensive consideration from the judges.
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...