The hard work of team including tactician Paul Cayard and America’s Cup sailor Chris Draper was merited earlier this evening as ROSEHEARTY was celebrated as winner at the 6th edition of the Perini Navi Cup’s prize giving gala at Yacht Club Costa Smeralda. She was followed (by a margin of only 1 point) in second place by 45m sloop ‘Clan VIII’ and in third by 59m charter yacht SEAHAWK, which stormed the regatta on Day 3.
As reported yesterday, light winds on the first two days of the regatta meant 2015 was not to be the year for 2-time Perini Navi Cup winner, 88m superyacht Maltese Falcon, who was chartered for the event and finished in 5th place with a total of 14 points.
The final day of racing saw westerly winds of 23-25 knots welcomed in the La Maddalena archipelago, especially by ketch SEAHAWK, who claimed her first win at the regatta, beating off competition from Clan VII.
During the prize giving ceremony which followed the closing race at Piazza Azzurra overlooking Porto Cervo Marina, YCCS Commodore Riccardo Bonadeo, commented “What a stunning fleet and a spectacular event,” adding that it had been “a truly memorable week.”
Milena Perini also spoke at the prize giving, saying “Thank you to everyone who participated. It has been a fantastic event and my family and I are happy that it has been such a success. Possibly the most important aspect of the regatta however is the wonderful atmosphere, everyone had smiles on their faces and that is what makes this event special.”
In addition to the presentation of the YCCS Trophy and race day awards, trophies were given for the events Cocktail Contest (1 - Jasali II, 2 - Perseus^3, 3 - Bayesian) and Judges’ Commendation, awarded to the event’s special guest, expedition yacht EXUMA.
The results from today’s race were as follows:
Day 3 Results
1 SEAHAWK – Finish Time 11:42:44 – Points 1,00
2 Clan VIII – Finish Time 11:43:35 – Points 2,00
3 ROSEHEARTY – Finish Time 11:44:10 – Points 3,00
1 ROSEHEARTY - Total Points 5.00
2 Clan VIII - Total Points 6.00
3 SEAHAWK - Total Points 11.00
This year’s edition of the Cup saw fifteen members of the Perini Navi ‘family’ come together in Sardinia to enjoy a combination of lively racing and social events.
followed by a margin of only 1 point in second place by 45m sloop ‘Clan VIII,’ and in third by 59m charter yacht SEAHAWK
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.
- Monaco Yacht Show 2019 announces superyacht line-upRunning between 25 - 28 September, Monaco’s Port Hercules marina will be alive with activity as a stellar fleet of yach...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ in the British Virgin Islands Amels’ 83m/272ft superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ was spotted enjoying some tropical sun in the British Virgin Islands e...
- Megayacht TRANQUILITY joins the yacht charter fleetFormerly known as superyacht EQUANIMITY, the 92m/300ft motor yacht TRANQUILITY has become available for private yacht c...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Lady S’ enjoys the waters of PortofinoIn a brand new video, drone footage gives us a closer look at one of the most exciting recent additions to the charter ...