The hard work of team including tactician Paul Cayard and America’s Cup sailor Chris Draper was merited earlier this evening as ROSEHEARTY was celebrated as winner at the 6th edition of the Perini Navi Cup’s prize giving gala at Yacht Club Costa Smeralda. She was followed (by a margin of only 1 point) in second place by 45m sloop ‘Clan VIII’ and in third by 59m charter yacht SEAHAWK, which stormed the regatta on Day 3.
As reported yesterday, light winds on the first two days of the regatta meant 2015 was not to be the year for 2-time Perini Navi Cup winner, 88m superyacht Maltese Falcon, who was chartered for the event and finished in 5th place with a total of 14 points.
The final day of racing saw westerly winds of 23-25 knots welcomed in the La Maddalena archipelago, especially by ketch SEAHAWK, who claimed her first win at the regatta, beating off competition from Clan VII.
During the prize giving ceremony which followed the closing race at Piazza Azzurra overlooking Porto Cervo Marina, YCCS Commodore Riccardo Bonadeo, commented “What a stunning fleet and a spectacular event,” adding that it had been “a truly memorable week.”
Milena Perini also spoke at the prize giving, saying “Thank you to everyone who participated. It has been a fantastic event and my family and I are happy that it has been such a success. Possibly the most important aspect of the regatta however is the wonderful atmosphere, everyone had smiles on their faces and that is what makes this event special.”
In addition to the presentation of the YCCS Trophy and race day awards, trophies were given for the events Cocktail Contest (1 - Jasali II, 2 - Perseus^3, 3 - Bayesian) and Judges’ Commendation, awarded to the event’s special guest, expedition yacht EXUMA.
The results from today’s race were as follows:
Day 3 Results
1 SEAHAWK – Finish Time 11:42:44 – Points 1,00
2 Clan VIII – Finish Time 11:43:35 – Points 2,00
3 ROSEHEARTY – Finish Time 11:44:10 – Points 3,00
1 ROSEHEARTY - Total Points 5.00
2 Clan VIII - Total Points 6.00
3 SEAHAWK - Total Points 11.00
This year’s edition of the Cup saw fifteen members of the Perini Navi ‘family’ come together in Sardinia to enjoy a combination of lively racing and social events.
followed by a margin of only 1 point in second place by 45m sloop ‘Clan VIII,’ and in third by 59m charter yacht SEAHAWK
- M/Y ‘Dolce Vita’ Available For Charter In ThailandDelivered earlier this year, the 33m/108ft motor yacht ‘Dolce Vita’ is now available for charter in the uniquely fascin...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- The Top 5 Largest Charter Yachts at MYS 2017The yachting industry will turn its attention exclusively to the Monaco Yacht Show 2017 when it gets underway at the en...
- Celebrate the Holidays On Board M/Y ‘Sweet Escape’The recently refitted 40m/130ft luxury yacht ‘Sweet Escape’ from Christensen is available for a Christmas or New Year’s...
- World's Largest Superyacht REV Available To CharterSet to become the world's largest superyacht in terms of both length and gross tonnage (GT), the 182m/596ft motor yacht...
- M/Y OCEANA Joins Charter Fleet With Special OfferRefit to an exacting standard last year, the 55m/180ft motor yacht OCEANA is now available for charter, with a 30% redu...