The hard work of team including tactician Paul Cayard and America’s Cup sailor Chris Draper was merited earlier this evening as ROSEHEARTY was celebrated as winner at the 6th edition of the Perini Navi Cup’s prize giving gala at Yacht Club Costa Smeralda. She was followed (by a margin of only 1 point) in second place by 45m sloop ‘Clan VIII’ and in third by 59m charter yacht SEAHAWK, which stormed the regatta on Day 3.
As reported yesterday, light winds on the first two days of the regatta meant 2015 was not to be the year for 2-time Perini Navi Cup winner, 88m superyacht Maltese Falcon, who was chartered for the event and finished in 5th place with a total of 14 points.
The final day of racing saw westerly winds of 23-25 knots welcomed in the La Maddalena archipelago, especially by ketch SEAHAWK, who claimed her first win at the regatta, beating off competition from Clan VII.
During the prize giving ceremony which followed the closing race at Piazza Azzurra overlooking Porto Cervo Marina, YCCS Commodore Riccardo Bonadeo, commented “What a stunning fleet and a spectacular event,” adding that it had been “a truly memorable week.”
Milena Perini also spoke at the prize giving, saying “Thank you to everyone who participated. It has been a fantastic event and my family and I are happy that it has been such a success. Possibly the most important aspect of the regatta however is the wonderful atmosphere, everyone had smiles on their faces and that is what makes this event special.”
In addition to the presentation of the YCCS Trophy and race day awards, trophies were given for the events Cocktail Contest (1 - Jasali II, 2 - Perseus^3, 3 - Bayesian) and Judges’ Commendation, awarded to the event’s special guest, expedition yacht EXUMA.
The results from today’s race were as follows:
Day 3 Results
1 SEAHAWK – Finish Time 11:42:44 – Points 1,00
2 Clan VIII – Finish Time 11:43:35 – Points 2,00
3 ROSEHEARTY – Finish Time 11:44:10 – Points 3,00
1 ROSEHEARTY - Total Points 5.00
2 Clan VIII - Total Points 6.00
3 SEAHAWK - Total Points 11.00
This year’s edition of the Cup saw fifteen members of the Perini Navi ‘family’ come together in Sardinia to enjoy a combination of lively racing and social events.
followed by a margin of only 1 point in second place by 45m sloop ‘Clan VIII,’ and in third by 59m charter yacht SEAHAWK
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...