The hard work of team including tactician Paul Cayard and America’s Cup sailor Chris Draper was merited earlier this evening as ROSEHEARTY was celebrated as winner at the 6th edition of the Perini Navi Cup’s prize giving gala at Yacht Club Costa Smeralda. She was followed (by a margin of only 1 point) in second place by 45m sloop ‘Clan VIII’ and in third by 59m charter yacht SEAHAWK, which stormed the regatta on Day 3.
As reported yesterday, light winds on the first two days of the regatta meant 2015 was not to be the year for 2-time Perini Navi Cup winner, 88m superyacht Maltese Falcon, who was chartered for the event and finished in 5th place with a total of 14 points.
The final day of racing saw westerly winds of 23-25 knots welcomed in the La Maddalena archipelago, especially by ketch SEAHAWK, who claimed her first win at the regatta, beating off competition from Clan VII.
During the prize giving ceremony which followed the closing race at Piazza Azzurra overlooking Porto Cervo Marina, YCCS Commodore Riccardo Bonadeo, commented “What a stunning fleet and a spectacular event,” adding that it had been “a truly memorable week.”
Milena Perini also spoke at the prize giving, saying “Thank you to everyone who participated. It has been a fantastic event and my family and I are happy that it has been such a success. Possibly the most important aspect of the regatta however is the wonderful atmosphere, everyone had smiles on their faces and that is what makes this event special.”
In addition to the presentation of the YCCS Trophy and race day awards, trophies were given for the events Cocktail Contest (1 - Jasali II, 2 - Perseus^3, 3 - Bayesian) and Judges’ Commendation, awarded to the event’s special guest, expedition yacht EXUMA.
The results from today’s race were as follows:
Day 3 Results
1 SEAHAWK – Finish Time 11:42:44 – Points 1,00
2 Clan VIII – Finish Time 11:43:35 – Points 2,00
3 ROSEHEARTY – Finish Time 11:44:10 – Points 3,00
1 ROSEHEARTY - Total Points 5.00
2 Clan VIII - Total Points 6.00
3 SEAHAWK - Total Points 11.00
This year’s edition of the Cup saw fifteen members of the Perini Navi ‘family’ come together in Sardinia to enjoy a combination of lively racing and social events.
followed by a margin of only 1 point in second place by 45m sloop ‘Clan VIII,’ and in third by 59m charter yacht SEAHAWK
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed