Making the list of finalists for best refit at the Superyacht Awards 2016, the high performing 95m/312ft luxury yacht ‘Indian Empress’ is sure to offer stiff competition to those in her category.
Bringing together Elton John’s personal piano, artwork by Picasso, and a circular bar complete with miniature waterfalls, it really is no surprise that the interior refit carried out on ‘Indian Empress’ last year has won her a place on the prestigious shortlist.
With Mark Berryman Design overseeing the work which spanned all four decks of the yacht, the complete refurbishments and the more subtle modifications are truly something to behold.
Whilst her outdoor spaces have maintained splashes of the bright oriental reds to which she owes her name, inside is a completely different story.
Perhaps the crowning accomplishment of the refit is the conversion of the lobby which was once adjacent to the VIP suite on the bridge deck. In its place, the team designed a private office which makes far greater use of the available space, providing a highly stylish area for any professional duties which need attending to.
The upper deck includes a beautifully light colour palette, an aesthetic choice which perfectly complements the wide range of vivid textures and fabrics on offer.
Replacing the dividing wall in the master suite with a retractable screen, guests using the room are provided with greater access to the large windows at a moment’s notice.
Conscious of the need for comfortable dining options, the team have also installed impressive new tables indoors and out. With a nicely informal circular table on the main deck and a large rectangular table stretching out on the sun deck, it’s clear that every occasion has been finely anticipated.
Updating her look whilst maintaining her character, Indian Empress is every inch an exceptional charter yacht
Capable of accommodating up to 12 guests with an attendant crew of 33, luxury charter yacht Indian Empress is well prepared for the summer charter season and is expected to be available in destinations such as Corsica and Sardinia.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.