Running from 8 to 19 May, the upcoming 71st edition will be presided over by two-time Oscar winner Cate Blanchett, who has been named as President of the Jury. Together with nine other top industry names, she will decide the winner of the Palme d’Or, the highest accolade for competing films.
As always, the Palais des Festivals will host a busy schedule of movie screenings. A red carpet will be laid out for the film stars, directors, models and other famous faces making an appearance as a crowd of paparazzi jostles for the perfect shot.
Adding to the luxury of the Cannes Film Festival will be the superyachts lined up in the Old Port or anchored in the Bay of Cannes. The premium berths are in the marina’s inner harbour and this is where the celebrity yacht parties are most likely to take place.
Indeed, glittering superyacht events are de rigueur at the annual festival, and there is never a more prestigious time in Cannes to rent a luxury yacht and host an event charter, whether it be to entertain friends and family, meet clients, throw a party or host an evening of fine dining.
The event provides an unrivalled opportunity to showcase brands and make the ultimate statement, and a charter yacht can serve as your own luxurious venue and accommodation, with the main festival hub, the Palais des Festival, just metres away.
Glittering superyacht events are de rigueur at the annual festival, and there is never a more prestigious time in Cannes to rent a luxury yacht
Both the 73m/240ft expedition yacht ‘Planet Nine’, a brand new charter addition from Admiral Yachts, and the 70m/229ft classic yacht SHERAKHAN have announced their availability at the event and this reflects the calibre of superyachts expected to be in town during the festival.
Other charter yachts currently in Cannes and anticipated to be sticking around for the next few weeks are Amels’ 55m/180ft motor yacht ELIXIR and two Baglietto builds: the 59m/195ft motor yacht VICKY and the 54m/177ft motor yacht MISCHIEF.
What’s more, when the 2018 Cannes Film Festival draws to a close on 19 May, many of the luxury yachts will make their way eastwards along the French Riviera to Monaco in time for another global fixture on the region’s calendar, the Monaco Grand Prix 2018, which runs from 24 May.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.