With marinas planning to reopen in December, and the world famous New Year’s Eve party at Foxy’s confirmed to go ahead, the British Virgin Islands will welcome superyachts this winter.
Two months on from Hurricane Irma, the British Virgin Islands has made significant progress in its recovery operations, with the archipelago set to welcome visitors again December.
Indeed, a number of operators have confirmed that motor yachts and sailing yachts are beginning to return to the region, and the West End BoatYard revealed that staff are heading back to work at the marina.
Helping to assess the current situation in the Caribbean, we shared some insider knowledge last month which answered the question of whether ‘should I still charter in the Caribbean following all of the damage?’.
Since tourist entry to the British Virgin Islands reopened on November 1st, charter companies expect to attract business from December through to January.
Enjoying the support of the government, the Premier of the British Virgin Islands, Dr. Orlanda Smith, recently hosted a meeting to assist charter agents in bringing greater levels of tourism to the islands.
Thanks to the phenomenal efforts of all involved, the British Virgin Islands looks set to enjoy the return of superyachts this winter
Whilst the capacity for superyachts will be limited at first, Soper’s Hole Marina is currently hard at work to restore functionality in 2018.
To find out more regarding the current condition of the surrounding regions, be sure to read our update on Caribbean Charter Grounds.
In order to find out more regarding the current condition of certain cruising grounds in the BVIs, feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Also, be sure to take a look at all of the superyachts available for charter in the Virgin Islands.
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...