Following a press conference today (June 2), the Bahamas has announced it will officially be open to superyachts from June 15.
It will also be welcoming private jets and chartered flights, meaning that private yacht charter in the Bahamas can now go ahead effectively from June 15.
The move forms phase 1 of the Bahamas' staged reopening strategy. The government has outlined a detailed plan for reopening for travel and tourism in the coming weeks, with hotels and commercial airlines set to resume from July 1.
The news comes after the Bahamas reported several consecutive days with no new cases of COVID-19. The last major spike in Coronavirus cases was 5 cases reported on May 7.
Alongside their reopening strategy, the Bahamas has also launched a “Healthy Traveler Campaign” to ensure the country continues to maintain a low COVID-19 case rate. The campaign encourages visitors to continue practicing social distancing measures, regularly wash their hands, and pack appropriate PPE such as face masks, just as they would their swimsuits and sunscreen.
Yacht-goers will be required to wear face masks when interacting with staff at seaports and airports, and it is understood that all travelers will be subject to temperature screenings upon arrival to the country, regardless of whether they are flying privately or commercially.
“Our top priority has and will always be our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our residents and visitors,” said Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation Director General Joy Jibrilu.
“We must remember that we are living in a new normal in the wake of COVID-19 and a lot is going to change across the tourism sector. We are putting an even greater emphasis on making sure The Bahamas is safe and clean for everyone, and look forward to once again providing travelers with the tropical experience our islands are known for.”
Coronavirus cases will be monitored daily, and the country's reopening dates are subject to change if the COVID-19 curve starts to climb.
We are putting an even greater emphasis on making sure The Bahamas is safe and clean for everyone, and look forward to once again providing travelers with the tropical experience our islands are known for.
The Bahamas is a dream destination for a Social Distancing Yacht Charter, thanks to an abundance of islands where you can escape the crowds and still enjoy the natural beauty and splendor of this tropical paradise.
In fact, many of the islands' most popular attractions can still be enjoyed as part of a luxury yacht charter itinerary.
If you're interested in seeing the most iconic sights of the Exumas, you can take a look at our 9-day Exumas Social Distancing Yacht Charter Itinerary.
For those looking to get further off the beaten path, you can check out our 10-day Bahamas Out Islands Yacht Charter Itinerary. Both have Social Distancing in mind and are catered towards flying in privately.
If you're curious about a Social Distancing yacht charter in the Bahamas but you're not sure where to start, check out our guide to Social Distancing Yacht Charters in the Bahamas below.
While cruising around the Bahamas you can expect an oasis of white sand beaches, clear blue seas, colorful coral reefs, and remote, untouched islets.
You'll find plenty of opportunities to play with water toys, enjoy beachfront dining, and explore pristine dive sites and vast underwater worlds.
To take the first steps towards planning your dream Social Distancing vacation at sea, you can take a look at all luxury yachts available for crewed yacht charters in the Bahamas.
Ready to make a booking? Get in touch with a yacht charter broker today.
For more travel information, charter advice and updates about superyacht rental amid the COVID-19 crisis, please see our guide to Coronavirus and Yacht Charter.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Coronavirus: Where can I charter a yacht right now?As Coronavirus travel restrictions start to relax around the world, you might be considering booking one of the safest ...
- Bahamas Yacht Charters: The best luxury yachts you can book right nowWith the Bahamas set to reopen to yachts on June 15, there’s no better time to book a tropical getaway on board a luxur...
- New COVID-19 research suggests conditions associated with superyachts could kill Coronavirus in 2 minutesCOVID-19 particles can’t live for longer than 2 minutes when exposed to direct sunlight high temperatures or humidity, ...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...