As the inaugural edition of The Superyacht Show kicked off in Barcelona earlier today, a fleet of around 20 superyachts could be seen sparkling in the gorgeous sunshine as prestigious yachting companies and global luxury brands prepared to greet the 350 visitors signed up to attend over the duration of the show.
Organised by members of the Large Yacht Brokers Association (LYBRA), the new event aims to provide a client-centric showcase, which delivers the optimum buyer experience for ultra-high net worth clients. This differs to the strong B2B element that defines most traditional yacht shows.
At 76m, motor yacht ANASTASIA from Oceanco is the largest yacht on display. Designed especially to complete the yacht charter experience, she is jam-packed with amenities, such as a private nightclub, a gymnasium and health club, a movie theatre and a 2,700-litre aquarium.
Sure to be the stand-out yacht of the show, however, is the 70m/230ft charter yacht JOY. The radical exterior styling of this Feadship build is impossible not to miss from the boardwalks and, once aboard, the expansive deck areas and unique interior design are guaranteed to impress.
Yet, the iconic 66m/217ft charter yacht OKTO is also expected to be a favourite among attendees. Her silver superstructure, which sits atop a jet back hull, and inviting aft deck pool mean this ISA build is another head-turner. Plus, complementing her striking profile is a stunning Alberto Pinto interior.
As the show opened its doors this morning, a world-class fleet of superyachts could be seen sparkling in the gorgeous sunshine
Another star yacht exhibiting is the 81m/266ft superyacht KIBO. Unfortunately, this 2015 Abeking & Rasmussen build is not available for charter, but it still wows with its beautiful exterior lines and beach house-style interior styling, both of which were headed up by renowned designer Terence Disdale.
There is also a strong turnout of Benetti builds, including the 59m/195ft motor yacht ANDIAMO. She will be showing off her recent 2017 refit alongside the 59m/195ft superyacht MEAMINA, known for being a top charter choice for families seeking out fun and relaxation.
Taking place in a private marina of the OneOcean Port Vell, the show hopes to create a relaxed, elegant and enjoyable quayside experience for the elite visitors in attendance. Over time, organisers plan to develop the show into the definitive, pre-summer buying opportunity in the Mediterranean.
The show location of Barcelona also shines the spotlight on the city as an exciting superyacht destination, as well as the potential of undertaking a Spain yacht charter in the surrounding waters.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.