As the inaugural edition of The Superyacht Show kicked off in Barcelona earlier today, a fleet of around 20 superyachts could be seen sparkling in the gorgeous sunshine as prestigious yachting companies and global luxury brands prepared to greet the 350 visitors signed up to attend over the duration of the show.
Organised by members of the Large Yacht Brokers Association (LYBRA), the new event aims to provide a client-centric showcase, which delivers the optimum buyer experience for ultra-high net worth clients. This differs to the strong B2B element that defines most traditional yacht shows.
At 76m, motor yacht ANASTASIA from Oceanco is the largest yacht on display. Designed especially to complete the yacht charter experience, she is jam-packed with amenities, such as a private nightclub, a gymnasium and health club, a movie theatre and a 2,700-litre aquarium.
Sure to be the stand-out yacht of the show, however, is the 70m/230ft charter yacht JOY. The radical exterior styling of this Feadship build is impossible not to miss from the boardwalks and, once aboard, the expansive deck areas and unique interior design are guaranteed to impress.
Yet, the iconic 66m/217ft charter yacht OKTO is also expected to be a favourite among attendees. Her silver superstructure, which sits atop a jet back hull, and inviting aft deck pool mean this ISA build is another head-turner. Plus, complementing her striking profile is a stunning Alberto Pinto interior.
As the show opened its doors this morning, a world-class fleet of superyachts could be seen sparkling in the gorgeous sunshine
Another star yacht exhibiting is the 81m/266ft superyacht KIBO. Unfortunately, this 2015 Abeking & Rasmussen build is not available for charter, but it still wows with its beautiful exterior lines and beach house-style interior styling, both of which were headed up by renowned designer Terence Disdale.
There is also a strong turnout of Benetti builds, including the 59m/195ft motor yacht ANDIAMO. She will be showing off her recent 2017 refit alongside the 59m/195ft superyacht MEAMINA, known for being a top charter choice for families seeking out fun and relaxation.
Taking place in a private marina of the OneOcean Port Vell, the show hopes to create a relaxed, elegant and enjoyable quayside experience for the elite visitors in attendance. Over time, organisers plan to develop the show into the definitive, pre-summer buying opportunity in the Mediterranean.
The show location of Barcelona also shines the spotlight on the city as an exciting superyacht destination, as well as the potential of undertaking a Spain yacht charter in the surrounding waters.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...