Shining the spotlight on some of the world’s finest yachts, shipyards and Asia’s burgeoning yachting industry, the Asia Boating Awards were held yesterday at the Capitol Kempinski Hotel in Singapore.
Now celebrating its 15th edition, the event marks the start of the Singapore Yacht Show, which takes place this year at ONE°15 Marina, Sentosa Cove between 11 - 14 April.
Among the award-winning yachts, SPECTRE was crowned with the title ‘Best Custom-Built Yacht’.
Celebrating a completely unique and one-of-a-kind yacht, the prestigious award champions cutting-edge technology and innovative design, as well as outstanding build quality.
Launched at the tail end of 2018 by Benetti, SPECTRE is a worthy winner of the award. She boasts a state-of-the-art I-Bridge, which utilises the latest multi-touch technology to provide enhanced control over the yacht, as well as fully-integrated mechatronic engineering.
The prestigious award champions cutting-edge technology and innovative design.
The announcement that the superyacht would be available for luxury yacht charters was met with excitement from the charter industry. SPECTRE was commissioned for experienced owner John Staluppi, who already has a number of yachts which borrow their names from the James Bond franchise.
The superyacht was designed by Benetti’s in-house team, who have created glamorous interiors that are reminiscent of 1920’s Parisian styling, alongside a selection of stand-out amenities.
She enjoys a glass-rimmed pool on the sundeck, as well as a private owner’s deck with a dip pool.
Other winners at Asia Boating Awards include the Amels-built motor yacht VOLPINI 2, which came out on top in the Best Semi-Custom-Built Yacht (above 120ft) category.
The awards ceremony also honoured Taiwan Yachts as the best Asian shipbuilder, and the best Asian marina was aptly named ONE°15 Marina.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.