Shining the spotlight on some of the world’s finest yachts, shipyards and Asia’s burgeoning yachting industry, the Asia Boating Awards were held yesterday at the Capitol Kempinski Hotel in Singapore.
Now celebrating its 15th edition, the event marks the start of the Singapore Yacht Show, which takes place this year at ONE°15 Marina, Sentosa Cove between 11 - 14 April.
Among the award-winning yachts, SPECTRE was crowned with the title ‘Best Custom-Built Yacht’.
Celebrating a completely unique and one-of-a-kind yacht, the prestigious award champions cutting-edge technology and innovative design, as well as outstanding build quality.
Launched at the tail end of 2018 by Benetti, SPECTRE is a worthy winner of the award. She boasts a state-of-the-art I-Bridge, which utilises the latest multi-touch technology to provide enhanced control over the yacht, as well as fully-integrated mechatronic engineering.
The prestigious award champions cutting-edge technology and innovative design.
The announcement that the superyacht would be available for luxury yacht charters was met with excitement from the charter industry. SPECTRE was commissioned for experienced owner John Staluppi, who already has a number of yachts which borrow their names from the James Bond franchise.
The superyacht was designed by Benetti’s in-house team, who have created glamorous interiors that are reminiscent of 1920’s Parisian styling, alongside a selection of stand-out amenities.
She enjoys a glass-rimmed pool on the sundeck, as well as a private owner’s deck with a dip pool.
Other winners at Asia Boating Awards include the Amels-built motor yacht VOLPINI 2, which came out on top in the Best Semi-Custom-Built Yacht (above 120ft) category.
The awards ceremony also honoured Taiwan Yachts as the best Asian shipbuilder, and the best Asian marina was aptly named ONE°15 Marina.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed