Shining the spotlight on some of the world’s finest yachts, shipyards and Asia’s burgeoning yachting industry, the Asia Boating Awards were held yesterday at the Capitol Kempinski Hotel in Singapore.
Now celebrating its 15th edition, the event marks the start of the Singapore Yacht Show, which takes place this year at ONE°15 Marina, Sentosa Cove between 11 - 14 April.
Among the award-winning yachts, SPECTRE was crowned with the title ‘Best Custom-Built Yacht’.
Celebrating a completely unique and one-of-a-kind yacht, the prestigious award champions cutting-edge technology and innovative design, as well as outstanding build quality.
Launched at the tail end of 2018 by Benetti, SPECTRE is a worthy winner of the award. She boasts a state-of-the-art I-Bridge, which utilises the latest multi-touch technology to provide enhanced control over the yacht, as well as fully-integrated mechatronic engineering.
The prestigious award champions cutting-edge technology and innovative design.
The announcement that the superyacht would be available for luxury yacht charters was met with excitement from the charter industry. SPECTRE was commissioned for experienced owner John Staluppi, who already has a number of yachts which borrow their names from the James Bond franchise.
The superyacht was designed by Benetti’s in-house team, who have created glamorous interiors that are reminiscent of 1920’s Parisian styling, alongside a selection of stand-out amenities.
She enjoys a glass-rimmed pool on the sundeck, as well as a private owner’s deck with a dip pool.
Other winners at Asia Boating Awards include the Amels-built motor yacht VOLPINI 2, which came out on top in the Best Semi-Custom-Built Yacht (above 120ft) category.
The awards ceremony also honoured Taiwan Yachts as the best Asian shipbuilder, and the best Asian marina was aptly named ONE°15 Marina.
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.
- Monaco Yacht Show 2019 announces superyacht line-upRunning between 25 - 28 September, Monaco’s Port Hercules marina will be alive with activity as a stellar fleet of yach...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ in the British Virgin Islands Amels’ 83m/272ft superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ was spotted enjoying some tropical sun in the British Virgin Islands e...
- Megayacht TRANQUILITY joins the yacht charter fleetFormerly known as superyacht EQUANIMITY, the 92m/300ft motor yacht TRANQUILITY has become available for private yacht c...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Lady S’ enjoys the waters of PortofinoIn a brand new video, drone footage gives us a closer look at one of the most exciting recent additions to the charter ...