Hit reality TV show Below Deck returns to Bravo TV at 9/8c tonight for its sixth season and will make history by heading to Tahiti for the very first time.
The destination is just one of many firsts for Below Deck as fan favourite Captain Lee Rosbach returns to the helm aboard a new superyacht of choice: the 56m/185ft charter yacht ‘My Seanna’.
As well as providing a rare, if slightly exaggerated, glimpse into the running of a private yacht charter, the show will also reveal what it’s like to travel by superyacht around Tahiti and French Polynesia.
The show is usually set in the Caribbean, and it was Captain Lee’s first time in the region. Speaking about the destination, he said: “I’m not quite sure how to describe it except it feels like you’re going back in time, and it kind of reminds me of, you know, the opening scene of Jurassic Park.
“Just being there is an adventure. I mean, that’s a bucket list item for anybody in this world that has any kind of sense. Bucket list, Tahiti, yeah, must do.”
Just being there is an adventure. I mean, that’s a bucket list item for anybody in this world that has any kind of sense. Bucket list, Tahiti, yeah, must do.
With crystal clear waters, black sand beaches and jungle-covered interiors, Tahiti will no doubt stand out to viewers watching the show, and also sure to make a good impression is My Seanna, a Delta Marine yacht with one of the most opulent interiors on the charter market.
The interior styling is defined by magnificent white marble and ornate fittings brushed with 22-carat gold leaf, while deck features such as a chic beach club, a spa pool with a swim-up bar on the sundeck and a crow’s nest with unrivalled views keep charter guests entertained. For more details, read our My Seanna yacht review.
Although Captain Lee will be joined on board the yacht by his most trusted stewardess, Kate Chastain, all the other crew members will be new to the show, including steward Josiah Carter, Below Deck’s first ever male member of the interior.
As usual, the crew dynamics will be in the spotlight and viewers can expect fireworks of both the romantic and dramatic variety. A trailer for the new season ends with a rare display of emotion from Captain Lee and fans of the show won’t have to wait much longer to discover the events leading up to the misty-eyed moment.
Among the new crew is chef Adrian Marin, who will be serving up delicious dishes as well as plenty of drama when his diva reputation surfaces. Likewise, tension is created when Kate forms an exclusive clique with male stew Josiah Carter leaving stewardess Caroline Bedol feeling left out.
Also anticipated to provide compulsive viewing is the dynamics between bosun Chandler Brooks, who begins to crack under the pressure, and his deckhands Ross Inia and Ashton Pienaar. Female deckhand Rhylee Gerber will be making her debut on the show too.
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- 75m Feadship charter yacht ARROW makes a splashThis weekend saw the official launch ceremony and christening of the newest addition to the Feadship fleet; 75m/ 246ft ...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Brand new 95m charter yacht O’PARI on track for 2020 delivery Golden Yachts is set to launch the 95m/310ft motor yacht O’PARI next spring, following which she will be available for ...