Hit reality TV show Below Deck returns to Bravo TV at 9/8c tonight for its sixth season and will make history by heading to Tahiti for the very first time.
The destination is just one of many firsts for Below Deck as fan favourite Captain Lee Rosbach returns to the helm aboard a new superyacht of choice: the 56m/185ft charter yacht ‘My Seanna’.
As well as providing a rare, if slightly exaggerated, glimpse into the running of a private yacht charter, the show will also reveal what it’s like to travel by superyacht around Tahiti and French Polynesia.
The show is usually set in the Caribbean, and it was Captain Lee’s first time in the region. Speaking about the destination, he said: “I’m not quite sure how to describe it except it feels like you’re going back in time, and it kind of reminds me of, you know, the opening scene of Jurassic Park.
“Just being there is an adventure. I mean, that’s a bucket list item for anybody in this world that has any kind of sense. Bucket list, Tahiti, yeah, must do.”
Just being there is an adventure. I mean, that’s a bucket list item for anybody in this world that has any kind of sense. Bucket list, Tahiti, yeah, must do.
With crystal clear waters, black sand beaches and jungle-covered interiors, Tahiti will no doubt stand out to viewers watching the show, and also sure to make a good impression is My Seanna, a Delta Marine yacht with one of the most opulent interiors on the charter market.
The interior styling is defined by magnificent white marble and ornate fittings brushed with 22-carat gold leaf, while deck features such as a chic beach club, a spa pool with a swim-up bar on the sundeck and a crow’s nest with unrivalled views keep charter guests entertained. For more details, read our My Seanna yacht review.
Although Captain Lee will be joined on board the yacht by his most trusted stewardess, Kate Chastain, all the other crew members will be new to the show, including steward Josiah Carter, Below Deck’s first ever male member of the interior.
As usual, the crew dynamics will be in the spotlight and viewers can expect fireworks of both the romantic and dramatic variety. A trailer for the new season ends with a rare display of emotion from Captain Lee and fans of the show won’t have to wait much longer to discover the events leading up to the misty-eyed moment.
Among the new crew is chef Adrian Marin, who will be serving up delicious dishes as well as plenty of drama when his diva reputation surfaces. Likewise, tension is created when Kate forms an exclusive clique with male stew Josiah Carter leaving stewardess Caroline Bedol feeling left out.
Also anticipated to provide compulsive viewing is the dynamics between bosun Chandler Brooks, who begins to crack under the pressure, and his deckhands Ross Inia and Ashton Pienaar. Female deckhand Rhylee Gerber will be making her debut on the show too.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...