Closing its doors on a highly successful 2023 edition, the Antigua Charter Yacht Show showcased some of the most spectacular crewed yacht charters on the market to an audience of industry professionals and influencers. And among the glistening charter yachts, top superyacht Chefs and Stewards battled it out to be crowned the best in the business.
Annually attracting in the region of 75 luxury charter yachts, the Antigua Charter Yacht Show aims to inspire and educate brokers and the local industry on the premium superyachts and the opportunities of embarking on Antigua yacht charters, and indeed exploring the Caribbean. Now looking forward to its 63rd edition in 2024, the Leeward Island event is highly anticipated every year and is set to once again commend the best Chefs and Stewards in the Caribbean.
Now a predominant feature of the annual Antigua Charter Yacht Show, superyacht chefs and chief stewards from attending sailing and motor yachts are presented with the task of proving themselves as the best in the Caribbean charter fleet. Each year the competitions follow a different theme, allowing each competitor to unleash their creativity and create a unique and showstopping three-course meal and tablescape. The primary theme for the 2023 event covered round-the-world cuisine with nods to sustainability.
Meticulously judged by an independent panel, the winners of the 2023 Concours de Chef and Tablescaping competitions have earned much more than bragging rights as they prove why their associated luxury charter yachts are the crème de la crème of the charter market.
Here is a complete listing of all the winners from the 22nd edition of the anticipated competitions.
160ft and over
- 1st place: Chef Nathan Clements from S/Y Asahi
- 2nd place: Chef Josh Bingham from M/Y Teleost
- 3rd place: Chef Steve Love from M/Y Triumph
- Tablescape winner: Chief Stewardess Paula Bosman from M/Y Project X
- 1st place: Chef Nicolas Ott from M/Y Parillion
- 2nd place: Chef Terry Gatewood from M/Y Milestone
- 3rd place: Chef Fernando Jeffrey from M/Y Crossed Sabre
- Tablescape winner: Chief Stewardess Chloe Woodward from M/Y Nadan
125ft and under
- 1st place: Chef Cloe Cauillaud from S/Y Sylene
- 2nd place: Chef Joel Ehrich from M/Y Top Shelf
- 3rd place: Chef Dulce Godoy from S/Y Semper Fidelis
- Tablescape winner: Chief Stewardess Rochelle Irle from M/Y Eros
Best in Show
- Chef Sinead Finnigan and Chief Stewardess Stephanie Cave from M/Y Samsara
Looking on to next year's event, the forthcoming edition of the Antigua Charter Yacht Show will return in December 2024 at the iconic UNESCO site of Nelson's Dockyard.
If you'd like to find out more about any of this year's winning luxury charter yachts, or want to send a broker on your behalf to the next edition, contact your preferred yacht charter broker today for details on yacht rentals and availability for Antigua yacht charters in 2024.