Lined up across the three show locations of Nelson’s Dockyard Marina, Falmouth Harbour Marina and the Antigua Yacht Club Marina, a 71-strong fleet of charter yachts will be making their final preparations before viewings get into full swing tomorrow.
Today, captains and crews, charter brokers and other yachting professionals will be checking in and discovering what’s in store for the upcoming week at the industry-only yachting meet.
Highlights of the opening day include an interactive exhibition revealing what Antigua and Barbuda have to offer charterers, while chefs and stewards and stewardesses can attend a wine tasting session at the Copper & Lumber Store Hotel.
Tomorrow, the luxury yachts in show will open their doors at 9.30am, welcoming aboard show-goers. The aim of the meet is to familiarise brokers with the Caribbean charter fleet so they are better equipped to match their clients with the most suitable superyacht.
In the evening of 5th December, there will be a welcome cocktail party and this will be followed by three nights of yacht hops. Lunches, informative hours on cruising particular destinations and a sail day will also be keeping brokers entertained.
For chefs, there is the popular culinary contest. This year, they will have to wow the judges with a Caribbean Sunday brunch, while stewards and stewardesses can partake in a tablescaping competition. Results will be announced at a prize-giving ceremony on 8th December.
One of the aims is to familiarise brokers with the Caribbean charter fleet so they are better equipped to match their clients with the most suitable superyacht
Expected to be the must-see yacht of the show is the 90m/295ft superyacht ‘Phoenix 2’ from celebrated shipyard Lurssen. After recently joining the charter market, she is jam-packed with amenities and has a dazzling art deco interior which show-goers will be keen to check out.
Another popular yacht will be the brand new 50m/164ft motor yacht VERTIGE. Launched earlier this year by Tankoa Yachts, she is already the recipient of a World Yacht Trophy thanks to her exquisite exterior design and has been turning heads at other industry events over the past few months.
There is also a strong selection of sailing yachts in attendance, such as the 55m/180ft regatta regular charter yacht MARIE from Vitters, the classically styled 50m/162ft charter yacht ELEONORA and Perini Navi’s multi-award winning 38m/125ft charter yacht P2.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.