Lined up across the three show locations of Nelson’s Dockyard Marina, Falmouth Harbour Marina and the Antigua Yacht Club Marina, a 71-strong fleet of charter yachts will be making their final preparations before viewings get into full swing tomorrow.
Today, captains and crews, charter brokers and other yachting professionals will be checking in and discovering what’s in store for the upcoming week at the industry-only yachting meet.
Highlights of the opening day include an interactive exhibition revealing what Antigua and Barbuda have to offer charterers, while chefs and stewards and stewardesses can attend a wine tasting session at the Copper & Lumber Store Hotel.
Tomorrow, the luxury yachts in show will open their doors at 9.30am, welcoming aboard show-goers. The aim of the meet is to familiarise brokers with the Caribbean charter fleet so they are better equipped to match their clients with the most suitable superyacht.
In the evening of 5th December, there will be a welcome cocktail party and this will be followed by three nights of yacht hops. Lunches, informative hours on cruising particular destinations and a sail day will also be keeping brokers entertained.
For chefs, there is the popular culinary contest. This year, they will have to wow the judges with a Caribbean Sunday brunch, while stewards and stewardesses can partake in a tablescaping competition. Results will be announced at a prize-giving ceremony on 8th December.
One of the aims is to familiarise brokers with the Caribbean charter fleet so they are better equipped to match their clients with the most suitable superyacht
Expected to be the must-see yacht of the show is the 90m/295ft superyacht ‘Phoenix 2’ from celebrated shipyard Lurssen. After recently joining the charter market, she is jam-packed with amenities and has a dazzling art deco interior which show-goers will be keen to check out.
Another popular yacht will be the brand new 50m/164ft motor yacht VERTIGE. Launched earlier this year by Tankoa Yachts, she is already the recipient of a World Yacht Trophy thanks to her exquisite exterior design and has been turning heads at other industry events over the past few months.
There is also a strong selection of sailing yachts in attendance, such as the 55m/180ft regatta regular charter yacht MARIE from Vitters, the classically styled 50m/162ft charter yacht ELEONORA and Perini Navi’s multi-award winning 38m/125ft charter yacht P2.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...