The first hull in the Amels Limited Editions 206 series made an appearance in Vlissingen yesterday, as she was rolled out of the shed in preparation for sea trials.
Set to deliver six new-build yachts ahead of summer, Amels and Damen have kicked off a busy spring delivery season with the launch of their first Amels Limited Editions 206.
The yacht, which is reportedly named STARDUST, was sold to her owner in the third quarter of 2019. Her Owner hails from the Asia-Pacific region and intends to use the yacht for global cruising.
Based on the proven platform of the Limited Editions 199, the 206 sports exterior design by British designer Tim Heywood in collaboration with the Amels design team. Amels has also worked together with Italian studio Laura Sessa for the interior of the yacht.
The yacht was sold to her owner in the third quarter of 2019 and marks the first of six deliveries by Amels and Damen ahead of the summer.
"It’s a wonderful build milestone to see her outside,” commented Build Captain Fraser Gow. “Everyone’s done an exceptional job, particularly on the finish which you can really appreciate now she’s outside.
"We’re all very excited to commence sea trials and commissioning of all her systems ahead of delivery.”
The motor yacht features a pale grey hull with a contrasting white superstructure. Nods to the Limited Editions 199 range are evident in circular portholes and gull-wing doors on the forward part of the hull.
Exterior designer Tim Heywood has previously commented on the yacht, saying; "The boat is full of details, little surprises, little differences. Aft of the wing station, the form of the boat shoots up to the deck above and then I changed the tumblehome from in to out – from positive to negative – and it makes such an interesting form.”
Key lifestyle features include a 35-square meter beach club and a 23-meter long sundeck with a hexagonal spa pool occupying the forward portion.
The 1,161 GT superyacht offers accommodation for up to 12 guests in six cabins, which includes two VIP suites and a main deck owner's apartment with folding balconies on both sides of the beam.
The foredeck boasts a large tender garage with enough space for two tenders measuring up to eight metres, as well as three Jet-Skis.
The boat is full of details, little surprises, little differences.
“She is a beautiful yacht with striking curves," commented Amels and Damen Managing Director Rose Damen at the time of the sale last year. “We’re proud to be completing this yacht for our client and can’t wait to see her on her maiden voyage next year.”
The yacht marks Amels' first launch of 2020. She will commence sea trials in the coming weeks, and delivery is expected ahead of the summer season. She will be joined by five other superyachts also on course for delivery before summer.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Wanderlust: Destinations worth waiting for Travel restrictions may be in place right now due to COVID-19, to but that isn’t stopping us planning ahead and looking...