As Port Hercule is stripped of the exhibition stands and the superyachts disperse, we reflect on the glittering highlights of this year’s Monaco Yacht Show.
Indeed, with a range of iconic and award-winning superyachts berthed and at-anchor a short distance away, industry players spent four days discovering the latest and greatest amidst beautiful surroundings.
The twenty sixth edition of the prestigious show, a number of extra berths were on offer for the first time this year, allowing an even greater number of large yachts to go on display.
As well as hosting a number of seminars and product launches, the show also opened with the hotly anticipated Monaco Yacht Show Awards. No doubt the talk of the ceremony was the 70m/230ft motor yacht ‘Galactica Super Nova’ from Heesen which was awarded with an incredible two trophies.
Undertaking a series of detailed tours, the editorial team at YachtCharterFleet took the opportunity to gather exclusive information and images for forthcoming yacht reviews.
Exuding an imcomparable glamour, this year’s Monaco Yacht Show is sure to be as fondly remembered as those which went before it
No doubt one of the highlights of the show was getting the chance to step on board the historically mysterious 73m/238ft motor yacht ‘Coral Ocean’. Originally delivered from Lurssen in 1994, the interior of the Bannenberg & Rowell designed superyacht has until now remained the subject of speculation.
Similarly, taking a tour around the hugely iconic 88m/289ft sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’ provided considerable insight into one of the most recognisable vessels to ever sail the world’s waters.
What’s more, with the likes of the 63m/207ft motor yacht 11/11 and the recently delivered 60m/198ft luxury yacht SARASTAR on display, the Monaco Yacht Show 2016 was a great window into the current trends of modern superyacht design which are available to charterers.
In amongst the premieres of an impressive forty new builds, the show also saw the unveiling of a new concept from Feadship. Named ‘Choice’, the annual showcasing is an important tradition from the Dutch shipyard- it’s reported that previous concepts played an instrumental role in shaping the innovative 84m/274ft motor yacht SAVANNAH.
Capturing the attention of more playfully minded guests, a number of demonstrations of the latest water toys also kept things continually exciting out on the water.
Naturally, in the wake of such a successful show, there’s sure to be plenty of excitement already growing for the Monaco Yacht Show 2017.
In order to find out more regarding any of the charter yachts which attended the Monaco Yacht Show 2016, please feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury superyachts available for charter in Monaco.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...