As Port Hercule is stripped of the exhibition stands and the superyachts disperse, we reflect on the glittering highlights of this year’s Monaco Yacht Show.
Indeed, with a range of iconic and award-winning superyachts berthed and at-anchor a short distance away, industry players spent four days discovering the latest and greatest amidst beautiful surroundings.
The twenty sixth edition of the prestigious show, a number of extra berths were on offer for the first time this year, allowing an even greater number of large yachts to go on display.
As well as hosting a number of seminars and product launches, the show also opened with the hotly anticipated Monaco Yacht Show Awards. No doubt the talk of the ceremony was the 70m/230ft motor yacht ‘Galactica Super Nova’ from Heesen which was awarded with an incredible two trophies.
Undertaking a series of detailed tours, the editorial team at YachtCharterFleet took the opportunity to gather exclusive information and images for forthcoming yacht reviews.
Exuding an imcomparable glamour, this year’s Monaco Yacht Show is sure to be as fondly remembered as those which went before it
No doubt one of the highlights of the show was getting the chance to step on board the historically mysterious 73m/238ft motor yacht ‘Coral Ocean’. Originally delivered from Lurssen in 1994, the interior of the Bannenberg & Rowell designed superyacht has until now remained the subject of speculation.
Similarly, taking a tour around the hugely iconic 88m/289ft sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’ provided considerable insight into one of the most recognisable vessels to ever sail the world’s waters.
What’s more, with the likes of the 63m/207ft motor yacht 11/11 and the recently delivered 60m/198ft luxury yacht SARASTAR on display, the Monaco Yacht Show 2016 was a great window into the current trends of modern superyacht design which are available to charterers.
In amongst the premieres of an impressive forty new builds, the show also saw the unveiling of a new concept from Feadship. Named ‘Choice’, the annual showcasing is an important tradition from the Dutch shipyard- it’s reported that previous concepts played an instrumental role in shaping the innovative 84m/274ft motor yacht SAVANNAH.
Capturing the attention of more playfully minded guests, a number of demonstrations of the latest water toys also kept things continually exciting out on the water.
Naturally, in the wake of such a successful show, there’s sure to be plenty of excitement already growing for the Monaco Yacht Show 2017.
In order to find out more regarding any of the charter yachts which attended the Monaco Yacht Show 2016, please feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury superyachts available for charter in Monaco.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.