With the red carpet rolled out along Nafplion harbour and more than 80 superyachts glistening in the beautiful sunshine Greece is renowned for, conditions were perfect for this year’s Mediterranean Yacht Show.
Show organisers, the Greek Yachting Association (GYA), provided their trademark hospitality as industry professionals descended on the port for four days of yacht viewings, and an action-packed social programme of parties, yacht hops and on-board broker lunches.
On day one, an opening ceremony in the evening got the event officially underway and this was followed by a welcome reception at the Venetian fortress of Palamidi. Live music set the scene for networking opportunities and excited industry chatter could be heard across the venue.
Back in the port, show-goers were kept busy as they took detailed tours of the motor yachts, sailing yachts, luxury gulets and luxury catamarans in attendance, getting to know the captains and crews, and ensuring they were well-equipped to provide in-depth feedback to their clients.
YachtCharterFleet (YCF) was on the ground at the show too and, as always, joined in the action. Impressing the team due to its incredible attention to detail and modern interior design was the 37m/121ft superyacht PANDION, originally built for the Sultan of Brunei by Heesen.
Not only was YCF lucky enough to undertake a tour of the yacht, they were also invited aboard for a delicious brunch on the closing day. Other dining opportunities included breakfast aboard Sunseeker's 28m/92ft motor yacht ‘Aqua Libra’ and lunch on board the 48m/156ft ISA motor yacht OASIS.
YCF was also keen to check out the recently launched 50m/164ft superyacht OURANOS. Built by Italian shipyard Admiral Yachts, she will be open for charters in the Greece this summer, and guests will be sure to appreciate her modern, light-filled interior and luxe outdoor spaces.
The award-winning, Feadship-built 52m/171ft luxury yacht PEGASUS also stood out thanks to her unique Japanese-inspired interior, superb layout features such as direct access from the lower deck cabins to the beach club and varied selection of deck areas for guests to choose from.
Another show-stopper was the 43m/139ft superyacht ‘Libra Y’. Originally built by Picchiotti in 1977, she was refit to exacting standards and today provides everything a modern-day charterer could desire on a private yacht charter.
There were plenty of more superyachts to be seen and wowing show-goers, so, be sure to keep checking the site for yacht reviews and other exclusive insights from the event and YCF's time in Greece.
Rounding the event up on the final evening was a farewell party at Blue Sky Karathonas Beach, where winners of the Chefs’ Competition were revealed. To find out who won, read our article on the winning charter yacht chefs at the Mediterranean Yacht Show 2017.
To check out more photos from the event, take a look at our live stream: Best Photos Live from the Mediterranean Yacht Show 2017 and our Mediterranean Yacht Show Gallery 2017.
The Mediterranean Yacht Show 2017 was hailed a resounding success as it attracted more than 80 superyachts to the picturesque Greek town of Nafplion
For further information on any of the luxury yachts displayed at the fourth edition of the Mediterranean Yacht Show, please speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, browse all luxury yachts available for charter in the Mediterranean.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed