With the red carpet rolled out along Nafplion harbour and more than 80 superyachts glistening in the beautiful sunshine Greece is renowned for, conditions were perfect for this year’s Mediterranean Yacht Show.
Show organisers, the Greek Yachting Association (GYA), provided their trademark hospitality as industry professionals descended on the port for four days of yacht viewings, and an action-packed social programme of parties, yacht hops and on-board broker lunches.
On day one, an opening ceremony in the evening got the event officially underway and this was followed by a welcome reception at the Venetian fortress of Palamidi. Live music set the scene for networking opportunities and excited industry chatter could be heard across the venue.
Back in the port, show-goers were kept busy as they took detailed tours of the motor yachts, sailing yachts, luxury gulets and luxury catamarans in attendance, getting to know the captains and crews, and ensuring they were well-equipped to provide in-depth feedback to their clients.
YachtCharterFleet (YCF) was on the ground at the show too and, as always, joined in the action. Impressing the team due to its incredible attention to detail and modern interior design was the 37m/121ft superyacht PANDION, originally built for the Sultan of Brunei by Heesen.
Not only was YCF lucky enough to undertake a tour of the yacht, they were also invited aboard for a delicious brunch on the closing day. Other dining opportunities included breakfast aboard Sunseeker's 28m/92ft motor yacht ‘Aqua Libra’ and lunch on board the 48m/156ft ISA motor yacht OASIS.
YCF was also keen to check out the recently launched 50m/164ft superyacht OURANOS. Built by Italian shipyard Admiral Yachts, she will be open for charters in the Greece this summer, and guests will be sure to appreciate her modern, light-filled interior and luxe outdoor spaces.
The award-winning, Feadship-built 52m/171ft luxury yacht PEGASUS also stood out thanks to her unique Japanese-inspired interior, superb layout features such as direct access from the lower deck cabins to the beach club and varied selection of deck areas for guests to choose from.
Another show-stopper was the 43m/139ft superyacht ‘Libra Y’. Originally built by Picchiotti in 1977, she was refit to exacting standards and today provides everything a modern-day charterer could desire on a private yacht charter.
There were plenty of more superyachts to be seen and wowing show-goers, so, be sure to keep checking the site for yacht reviews and other exclusive insights from the event and YCF's time in Greece.
Rounding the event up on the final evening was a farewell party at Blue Sky Karathonas Beach, where winners of the Chefs’ Competition were revealed. To find out who won, read our article on the winning charter yacht chefs at the Mediterranean Yacht Show 2017.
To check out more photos from the event, take a look at our live stream: Best Photos Live from the Mediterranean Yacht Show 2017 and our Mediterranean Yacht Show Gallery 2017.
The Mediterranean Yacht Show 2017 was hailed a resounding success as it attracted more than 80 superyachts to the picturesque Greek town of Nafplion
For further information on any of the luxury yachts displayed at the fourth edition of the Mediterranean Yacht Show, please speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, browse all luxury yachts available for charter in the Mediterranean.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.